Chapter 12

"So where are we going exactly?" I asked after I woke up from my quick nap, actually getting some sleep since we have been on this adventure.

"Chicago to see some dude named Mr. Adamson, I think he might have an idea on who the weird family is." Dick answered, keeping his eyes on the road.

We both sat there for a few minutes in silence until Dick broke our silence of peace, which I was mad about since the peace felt good after the past few days we have had.

"Were here" Dick answered as he parked the car into the parking lot of a huge building."Great, let the fun begin" I said as I walked out of the car.

We walked into the building and looked at the screen that had the people living there but there was only one person here.

We walked over to the elevator and pressed the button when a woman walked over to us. "Butterscotch?"

"Thank you" Both me and Dick said, "You're very welcome dear", she spoke again before leaving us be.

We walked into the elevator, I watched as the woman left before I spoke again."Don't eat that!" I said as Dick pressed the button for the top floor.

"Why?" Dick asked, "Because it's probably drugged or something." I said feeling very confident about my statement. "Look, I know with the week we have had, we both would love something to boast us up but now is not the time."

"What old lady hands out drugged butterscotch." Dick asked, looking very concerned with me. "A lady who probably works for the guy we are about to see, who might I add works with people who want to kill Rachel.. And us." I said seriously, crossing my arms.

Dick didn't say anything else, he just nodded his head in agreement, when the elevator doors opened to a huge room with a beautiful view of the city.

Dick led the way down the stairs to the kitchen as we both kept our eyes open for the dude. "Detective Grayson, Miss. Jones" The man said as he poured himself a drink.

I just stood there watching this made with a very judgemental face, looking very confused on how he knew us, me. "Are you Mr. Adamson?" Dick asked

"Dr. Adamson," he corrected, "Are you hungry? I've got something on the stove. You're not a vegetarian, are you? I do prefer animal-based protein." He added as he pointed over to the stove with eggs cooking

"Who are you people and what do you want with Rachel?" Dick asked with demand.

"As much as I'd love to have a lengthy conversation with you about Rachel Roth, Detective, I'm afraid there's no time." Adamson said, which had me very confused, I looked over to Dick who was also very confused.

"You found me. I've been exposed. So the Organization is sending people to kill us." I just stared at the man with now real worry, "We have one minute, unless we leave right now. Or we could stay for one last glass of champagne." Adamson added as he drank from his glass.

"No one knows were here." Dick asked, starting to get real serious about the chance of death in this situation. "I do. So does the old lady downstairs. They're everywhere." Adamson said while taking another drink from his champagne glass.

"Does this Organization work for Rachel's father?" Dick asked, trying to get as much as he could in one minute. "Is he still looking for her?" I spoke for the first time since entering the room

"You could say that. Yes." Adamson spoke as he put down his glass,"Oh, dear, my crepes are burning." Dick ran over to the doctor and grabbed him by the neck, "If you don't give me some answers, I'm gonna stick your face in it." Dick said angrily, which startled me a bit.