Chapter 25

After getting ready in our costumes, well more so Jason we headed off to wherever Rachel was.

One long, awkward ride late to wherever the rest were we finally made it. When we pulled up Kory was with some random girl arguing?

"Hey, don't stop on my account. I like where that was heading." Jason called out as we got out of the car. I laughed and rolled my eyes while following him and the others towards Kory and her friend.

"Jason? Ember?" Kory called out. "That's right! The goddamn cavalry has arrived." Jason answered. "What the fuck is that? And why is it wearing Dick's costume? And who are you?" The random woman asked.

"The new and improved Robin" Jason spoke at the same time Hank did, "The annoying new Robin."

The both gave each other looks and me and Dawn just laughed at the two. "And I'm Ember. A girl with fire powers." I smiled while showing off my fire powers to the woman. "And who are you?" I cautiously asked.

"Donna, ex-titan and ex-wondergirl." Donna answered. "Nice to meet you!" I smiled back, she seemed nice, I wondered what happened but not my business so I kept quiet.

"Who's your friend?" Dawn asked. "Um, Hank, Dawn, this is Kory Anders. She's an alien." Donna responded. I laughed looking at Kory who seemed to be offended. "What?"

"What? It's true." Donna corrected. "I mean she's not totally wrong." I added, getting a look from Kory. "You could've put a little more love into that."

We all stood there for a minute watching the two bicker, before Kory spoke again. "Well, I wish we were meeting under better circumstances."

"Why are you guys here?" Donna asked the four of us. "Rachel go inside of her head at the hospital." Hank answered. "Yeah, I think she woke me up from my coma."

"We think she went in my head too but Hank and Dawn said Rachel needed us and brought us here with them." I spoke. "She's in there, isn't she?" I asked, looking up at the glowing hex thing.

We all turned our attention towards the weird glowy thing. "Yeah" Kory answered, sounding a little sad. "So what the fuck is going on here?" Hank asked.

I nodded my head in agreement wondering the same thing. "Rachel's father is being called Trigon. And if we can't stop him here, he'll destroy your world. Then move on, destroying countless others. Our scripture states Trigon can only fully inhabit your world after he breaks Rachel's heart." Kory answered, making me concerned and a little confused.

I turned my head over to Jason, both sharing the same concerning looks. I looked back to Kory as Dawn talked. "We're talking metaphors, right?"

"We don't know, but if we don't get through that force field and get into the house in there, I'm afraid we're never gonna find out." Donna answered. I felt my heart race, the girl I promised to protect is in there about to get her heart broken and then have the world destroyed by her father.

Jason seemed to see my breathing increase as he grabbed my hand and tried to calm me down without making a big scene. Which I was grateful for, after a few seconds I calmed down a little more and felt more relaxed even with the huge worry of the world that will be destroyed soon.

"Kid should've asked us to get fucking Superman." Hank spoke, making all of us turn to the force field.

After standing there for a while thinking of an idea on how to open this force field and get inside a portal leading us in. It was like God or in this case Trigon was listening and watching us.

I didn't have a good feeling about this but if it was to save the world and my family I would do anything. "Oh, great. That's not concerning." Hank said.