Chapter 40

I had the worst sleep of my life.

I couldn't sleep the whole night, constant nightmares. Yes I could have gone to Jason and asked to stay with him, but he was really mad at Rachel right now and I didn't want to deal with it.

It was the same thing over and over again. Rachel yelling at me, nightmares of me burning the world, everything I have avoided since living here.

That morning I didn't leave my room, trying to avoid everyone. I got up early though to get some coffee, before anyone was up. Sadly it wasn't helping me.

I sat at the edge of my bed, trying to sleep but afraid to have another nightmare. I stared at myself in the mirror, my eyes red, from all of the crying, my baggy eyes. I was a mess.

There was a knock at the door, I got up from my bed to answer the door and yell at whoever was there to leave because I didn't feel like dealing with people.

I opened it up to a concerned Jason, probably wondering where I have been for the last 16 hours. "Hey" Jason said, holding my chin and looking very worried.

I started to tear up a little, but not too much. Enough for Jason to notice and pull me in for a hug. I started to cry even more now, not really caring about what he was thinking, just loving the comfort of his hug.

He closed the door behind him and pulled me closer into the room, not wanting anyone to come and check up on us.

We stayed like that for a while before we both let go and sat on the bed next to each other.

"What happened?" He questioned keeping eye contact. "Rachel and I had an argument about powers and shit. And it really hit me, so all last night I had nightmares and I couldn't sleep." I answered, holding back my many tears forming.

"Why didn't you come and sleep with me?" He asked, "You were in a bad mood, and immediately went to your room, so I didn't want to bother you, I would have gone to you earlier if I wasn't a mess either." I spoke, feeling really bad about not going to him earlier.

I mean Rachel almost killed him and here I am whining about my problems. "Hey, no matter how mad I am at someone or how pissed off I look. If you are having a nightmare, you are always allowed to come into my room and stay there." He reassured me, grabbing my face and pulling it closer to him.

"I love you." He spoke, pulling me in for a kiss, "I love you too." I said back pulling for another kiss. "How about we sleep here for a little bit and I promise to not leave your side."

I nodded my head before getting comfortable to sleep with Jason right next to me.

It was around 3 in the afternoon, when I woke up. Jason was already up just reading a book I had in my room, but still in the same position we were in when we fell asleep.

"Goodmorning beautiful." He joked, looking at my mess of a hair, and tired looking eyes. I just gave him a death stare.

"How about some lunch and maybe some training to make you feel more awake." He offered, "Fine, but are you okay with training after what happened yesterday?" I was a little worried he would be scared to train again because of it.

"No, just no blindfolds and powers please." He smiled trying to make a joke about it but I could tell he was serious about it. "Promise." I pinky swore, before shoving him out to get ready for training.

Lunch and training wasn't bad. Surprisingly we didn't see anyone, Rachel was probably in her room, and the others were working on the Doctor Light stuff.

Some part of me wanted to bump into Rachel and see if she was still mad at me or just that last night she just snapped. I would forgive her but I would still be pissed off at her. I can't lose another person I love just because of some argument, I needed Rachel and I had a feeling she needed me.

After training, Jason went and did his own thing which I didn't mind because it gave me time to take a shower and read for a little. It was nice to get some alone time and some time to distract myself from the past 24 hours.

At this point it was kind of late, so I just decided to make myself a snack since I wasn't that hungry. I ended up bumping into Jason who was in his Robin outfit, which confused me a little.

He looked a little mad so I had a feeling he was rejected by the others to go fight Doctor Light.

"Are you okay?" I asked, Jason didn't give me an answer, he just walked away. I didn't feel like dealing with it right now so I just let him walk it off.

However I wasn't the only one getting a snack, Rose was also in the kitchen. "Hey" She smiled, grabbing a snack from the cabinet. "Hi" I smiled back, grabbing myself an apple.

"Is there always this much tension?" She joked, taking a seat at the island. "Sadly yes." I laughed back taking a seat next to her.

"Your Ember right?" Rose questioned, "Yea, and your Deathstroke's daughter?" I joked, getting a smile from her, making me feel better about calling her Deathstroke's kid.

"Best dad ever." She laughed, "What about you? How are your parents? Are they as good as mine?" She smiled, but dropped her smile when I didn't joke back.

"They're dead...they died when I was 13. But I am learning to move on a little." I tried to smile, but just looked down and took a bite of my apple.

"I'm sorry." Rose gave me a sympathetic smile. "No, I ruined the mood, I'm sorry." I tried to apologize. "We all have sad lives, don't worry about it." She tried to lighten the mood.

We just sat in silence for a little, it was kind of awkward not going to lie, but I liked the company.

"You're pretty cool." She complimented, "Not too bad yourself, but just know, I still don't trust you. But I guess we can be acquaintances." I laughed.

We shook on the deal, before I left to go check on Jason. Rose seemed nice, but there was that part of me telling me to not trust her. And I had to trust that, until she could prove that she is trustworthy, we can be acquaintances maybe even friends.

OMG 40 chapters already, thank you guys so much for all the love and support I have received on this story. I can't thank you enough! I also forgot to thank you guys for 5k reads, I am so grateful for all the love this story has gotten. Drama is about to start real quick in this story, so be prepared.