Chapter 45

After helping Rose out and getting her comfortable in bed, we ended up meeting in the kitchen. I stood at the opposite side of the island where Dick was.

"Hank, Ember, you were right. You were all right. Jason needs us. We can't just stand here and do nothing. Deathstroke wants to make a trade, we'll make a trade." Dick announced.

I smiled a little, finally feeling happy that he was on my side and so was everyone else. Making me feel a little better about finding Jason, and not on my own.

"We can't hand over Rose." Hank argued, he had a point, I was starting to like Rose, we can't just give her away, no offense to Jason. "No, we can't. We won't. But I have an idea." Dick added.

"Gar, you, Rachel and Ember stay here with Rose. Protect the tower." Dick directed, "No." I argued, getting a stare from everyone as Dick was ready to argue I spoke again.

"I will not stay here, Gar, Rachel and Rose can protect themselves. I have seen it. And if you think keeping me here is not going to stop me from leaving and finding Jason, you have it all wrong. You have two options, let me go with you and you will know where I am at all times, or leave me here for me to later follow you all and you will have no clue where I am." I added feeling very confident in myself in this argument.

Finally after thinking of his options Dick and the others decided to agree and let me go with them. "I'll contact Deathstroke, confirm our meetup at the Plaza. And then, we take him down once and for all, together." Dick continued after the little intermission, looking right at me while he exaggerated the word together.

We broke up and went our separate ways to get ready for the fight. I went to my own room and fixed my bandages and got changed into more stealther clothes. As I was finishing up someone knocked on my door.

"Come in," I called out. Donna then walked into the room and took a seat on the bed. "You ready?" She asked.

"Yea" I hesitated, feeling a little stressed and anxious about going to Deathstroke again. "Are you sure you seem a little nervous?" She questioned now standing up and holding on to my shoulders.

"I am just a little scared that this won't turn out how we want it to. Like what if I never see Jason again, or worse I see him get killed." I started to tear up as she pulled me into a hug. "Em, I promise that won't happen. I won't let Deathstroke kill another one of us." Donna pulled away from the hug staring at my eyes making sure I understood her.

After a few seconds of silence I finally spoke again. "Whatever happened with the old Titans, I'm sorry. You don't have to talk but just know I am here, okay. But thank you for your help, I needed to hear that." I smiled seeing a little tear on her face, but nothing to noticeable.

"Let's go, I am sure Dick is wondering where we are." She joked before leading the way to the others. I liked Donna a lot. I don't know too much about her but she is so kind, and sweet. Out of the older guys she has to be my favorite I think, just don't tell the others.

"We set?" Hank said through the ear piece. "Plaza's clear." Donna answered. We were all separate, leave me all alone, perfect.

"Yep" Kory added, "I'm in position. Dick, Ember, do you copy?" Dawn called out not getting answer from either of us.

I could hear everything they were saying, I just chose to ignore it. Knowing exactly where I was heading, I felt bad but I need to do this on my own and not listen to a 50/50 chance of getting Jason back. "Dick, Ember, come in. Anybody got eyes on Dick or Ember?" Dawn continued to try and get to us.

"Dick, we're at the Plaza. Ember where the fuck are you guys?" Hank yelled through the ear piece. I took it out of my ear, still hearing a faint call out of mine and Dick's names.

I rested it in my hand before burning it to ashes. "Sorry, guys." I whispered to myself before looking at my tracking device to see Dick on the move, and quickly went to follow after him.

Except I wasn't the only one with the same idea. I bumped into Kory who was also trying to find Dick. "Hey." I smiled. "Hey, what are you doing, where were you?" Kory quickly questioned.

"Finding Dick, he thinks we're so dumb and don't know him. When I actually knew he was going to do this in the first place." I answered, "But we should probably go though." I added before leading the way to Dick.

I gasped as I saw Deathstroke reveal Jason on the edge of the balcony ready to fall. Then my anger hit me and I quickly shot fire towards Deathstroke, stopping him from hitting the bomb.

"Are you seriously listening to this bullshit?" Kory questioned walking towards the others. "I know I thought you were better than that, Grayson." I confidently walked alongside Kory.

"What are you two doing here?" Dick questioned with his arms up as Deathstroke kept pointing his gun towards out direction and Dick's. "Well I first tracked you, then followed you and met up with Kory, who had the same idea. What a coincidence." I joked walking more into the light and showing myself and Kory to Deathstroke and Dick.

"Go get Jason." Kory whispered before she and Dick went to go fight Deathstroke. I ran over to the window as fast as I could, wanting to save Jason as soon as I could.

"Hey." I smiled, almost tearing up a little. "Hey, how are you doing?" He asked as I was trying to find a way to break the glass.

"Could be better, what about you are you seriously injured?" I questioned worrying something really bad happened, more than it looked. "No, just a few scratches and a bit of trauma but better now that I finally know you are okay." He joked, "I'm sorry for making it look like I died, but I didn't. I am here now and I am not leaving without you, I promise." I cried a little, stressing over the fact that I still could break the glass.

I would've called over Dick and Kory but they were a little busy. "If I don't make it out." Jason tried to say as he saw me still struggling to help him. "No, don't say anything like that. You are getting out of here safe." I promised, but instantly regretting it, thinking of all the thoughts in my head.

Nothing, all I heard was nothing. Then I suddenly felt hands around my neck, it was Deathstroke.

I looked down to see his other hand holding onto the bomb button and his fingers ready to press it. All I then heard was the sound of glass breaking and my body being thrown onto the ground.

A few pieces of glass hit me, making it very hard to move, but then I thought of Jason and I turned to see him on the edge and Dick running over to help him.

"No" I yelled before pulling myself up and ran over to Jason who was hanging on for real life. "Jason, give me your hand." Dick called out, reaching out for Jason's hand.

My whole head was spinning, Jason could die right now. I could lose my Jason, the guy who loves and cares for me. The only person I love more than anything, could die.

I bent down next to Dick reaching my hand out as well. "Jay, please grab my hand, please." I begged, but could see him struggling to reach for it.

"Don't let go" Dick yelled again, still trying to hold on to him as my hand wasn't far enough to reach Jason's other hand.

Jason let go.

I tried to push myself out of the window myself, to fall with him but Dick grabbed on to me holding me. I couldn't save him, Jason was gone.

I might have not been the one falling to my death but I also died, one of the worst ways possible, seeing the love of your life falling out of your hands.