Chapter 38

Training sucked, yes it makes me a better fighter but in the moment it sucked.

After training and breakfast both me and Jason went back to his room. "Can we talk real quick?" I asked, getting a confused look on Jason's face.

"Yea, it is bad?" He questioned taking a seat on his bed. "No, it's not." I replied quickly, "I just wanted to ask about what you and Dick talked about earlier. About you leaving."

I waited a second before continuing not wanting to look Jason in the eyes. "If Bruce and Dick allowed you to go back to Gotham would you go?" I asked, finally looking back up to Jason.

"Yea, are you worried I would leave you behind?" Jason questioned, locking eyes with mine. I didn't talk, I just nodded my head. "Em, if I was allowed to go back to Gotham and be Robin again I would bring you." Jason smiled grabbing my jaw with his hand and making sure my eyes stay with his.

"Wouldn't it be cool, Batman, Robin and Fire Girl together fighting in Gotham." He joked, making me smile and feel that wave of anxiety disappear. "But before we do that, you need a new, better name. No offense to Oliver." Jason laughed, making me laugh myself.

"I guess you're right." I smiled, pulling Jason into a kiss. "Remember what I said before, I promise to never leave you." He reassured me, pulling me in for another kiss.

The rest of the day was kind of normal. Reading, studying and a quick video game with Gar before I trained with Rachel for a little.

I love Rachel and all and I really believe she trusts me. But she has been different, more careful, which I love but she needs to express herself and learn to control her powers not hide from them. It's like she lets them control her, and I have been there before, it's no fun trust me.

But I didn't pressure her to tell me, I just let her know she can talk to me.

I took a quick shower and got changed after training. But when I was all ready and finishing getting ready, I heard a helicopter or what sounded like one at least.

I knocked on Jason's door, he then came up to the door and opened it surprised by my presence. "I am not the only one hearing the helicopter right?" I asked genuinely curious.

"No, I'm hearing it too. Let's check it out." Jason spoke, leading the way to the living room and walking towards the windows, where Dick already was.

Rachel and Gar soon followed after us, also curious of the noise.

After not really seeing what was happening, I walked over to the tv and turned on the news. "Who the hell is that?" Rachel questioned.

"A total badass." Both me and Jason spoke, looking back at each other before turning our attention to the screen. I didn't really hear what the news was saying. I was more so looking at the girl kicking ass.

Then out of nowhere she jumped off the roof and into a building. I could watch as she probably just killed herself. "I'll be back." Dick stormed off without letting any of us speak.

But yet I had the feeling I knew where he was going and I don't entirely know if I trust it.

After the whole police scene died down a little we all went to our own rooms, still not hearing anything from Dick. I went to the kitchen and tried to get a snack that wasn't whatever Dick was trying to feed us.

However I was interrupted when Dick came walking in with none other than the girl running from the cops. I didn't want to ask so I just gave Dick a confused look but he just ignored it walking past me.

"He picked up another stray didn't he?" Jason asked, walking into the kitchen. "Seems like it." I said taking a bite of my apple.

"You trust her?" I finally asked after a little silence. "No, you?" Jason asked, also taking a snack of his own. "Idk, I mean she could have a valid reason for running from the cops but at the same time he just brought in a stranger into a tower filled with masked heroes, some with powers." I answered, stressing at the thought of her leaving and telling the world about us and our secret.

We sat there for a few minutes taking and joking around at Dick being just like Batman, taking in strays, when we heard the girl walking over. "Get down, see what she's up to." Jason said pulling me to the ground hiding us both.

Soon after the other followed in, queuing us to get up and follow them to the girl. "Going somewhere?" Rachel questioned scaring the girl, as she looked at all of us watching her.

I stood next to Jason placing my hand on his chest to stop him from walking up to her. "We need to talk." Dick spoke, motioning all of us to leave the room and let him talk to her alone.

We all sat in the training room waiting for Dick to be done talking to the girl. "So what do you think is going on out there?" Gar said as he walked in with snacks and handed them to Rachel.

Both me and Jason were messing around with swords, as Rachel and Gar sat near us. "He's probably just trying to find out who she is." Rachel said looking at the snacks Gar just gave her.

"He's just giving her a sell job. That's what he does because he can't resist a stray." Jason said almost poking me with the sword but mouthing sorry right afterwards.

"I think he's doing both. He's going to find out every detail about her, see if she is good enough to stay and make her train with us every day." I joked almost poking Jason back out of revenge.

"I mean, I knew he'd be bringing in new people. I just...I guess I didn't think it'd be so soon." Gar hesitated, seeming a little sad about the fact that new people would be joining us. "We don't even know if we can trust her. Em had a good point earlier, what if she finds out about us and then tells the whole world." Jason spoke.

"Hell, we don't even know what the fuck she is." He added, I just looked at him confused on what he was saying, "What she is, is a person who needs help." I spoke, also getting a confused look from Jason.

"30 minutes ago, you didn't trust her." Jason pointed out, "Yea, but sadly there's only one way to find out if we can trust her, but first we have to help her. There has to be a good reason she ran away from the cops. I mean did you see the way she survived the jump, maybe she has powers or something?" I spoke, getting a nod from Rachel showing that she was on my side on this argument.

As Rachel and Gar talked I was too busy play fighting Jason with our swords distracting me from listening to them. "She can fight. All right, I'll give her that. Whoever she is, she's had training." Jason spoke stopping our fighting, but I still ended up poking him in the back.

He turned to give me a death stare, as I just smiled and laughed. "Did you guys see her eye? When Dick was changing the bandage?" Gar spoke stopping both me and Jason from almost fighting each other again.

"What about it?" I asked, placing my sword back with Jason's. "It was gone. But the wound had already healed." Gar answered.

"Are you serious?" Jason asked curiously. I just rolled my eyes, locking eyes with Rachel laughing at how obsessed these guys were.

"She's been here one hour, and you guys are already obsessed with her." Rachel joked.

"She's a freak. Look, my vote is we kick her ass out." Jason argued. "Who says we even get a vote? Dick makes every decision here, one word from him and she either stays or goes no questions." I spoke, getting a nod from Gar who agreed with me.

"Who says she even wants to stay? Look, it's hard to believe, but maybe her idea of paradise isn't sharing a bathroom with you, Jason." Rachel joked, getting a laugh from me. "She has a point." I laughed.

"You share a bed with me every night." Jason argued, looking at me with confusion. "That's different, okay." I said back trying to move past this awkwardness.

"I know how we can find out exactly who she is." Jason said, moving on. "But it can wait till morning, I am tired." Jason joked leaving us all questioning on how to find out who she is.

I just rolled my eyes before following him to the room to get some sleep.

Can I trust here? Is it even safe to be sleeping when a stranger lives here? But you never know she could be one of the good ones, someone who needs saving, right?