Chapter 50

"Good morning." Jason smiled. I rolled my eyes, turning my head to face him. "Good morning." I smiled back, getting up from the bed.

"Where's Rose?" I asked, looking around for her. "Right here, I snuck in and stole some food for breakfast. I don't know about you guys but I am starving.

We have been staying at people's homes outside of Gotham for about a week now, it's been nice, surprisingly we haven't been caught yet, so free food for us till the owners find us I guess.

We all sat down at the table eating eggs and whatever the owners had in their fridge. "Hey, you're not a terrible cook." I joked, getting a death stare from Rose. "Do I really give you that vibe that I am a bad cook?" She questioned, making me shrug my shoulders and laugh.

"So I am actually going to be doing something on my own today, so you guys have the day to yourselves." She winked at Jason, confusing me a little, they had something planned. "Okay, I guess I can deal with him for a little while alone." I joked, Jason, mocking my laughs.

"Well I have to get going." Rose smiled, "Already?" I questioned getting really confused on both of their strange behaviors. "Yea, I'm sure Jason has a lot planned for today." She quickly said before leaving the property almost like she was afraid to say anything else.

I turned to face Jason crossing my arms, "What did you two do?" I asked, giving him a stare of demand. "Nothing." He said trying to cover it up, walking away from me, "Just wear something nice thats all."

"I have like 5 outfits with me." I said still very confused on his actions. "Then wear your nicest one." He smiled, giving me a kiss on the forehead before leaving.

Now this is weird. For the past week everything has been normal apart from Jason really not wanting to go anywhere near the manor, I questioned it at first but I don't want to push him and start an argument and try to find a new place to stay in the meantime.

We ended up getting Jason's motorcycle, that he stole from the manor a couple of days ago, to some school not too far from where we were. "If you think this is a good date or something, going to school is not it." I joked, as we walked towards a door.

"No, I want to show you something personal." He smiled, opening the door leading the way to nothing. I walked around a little confused on what was supposed to be here. Looking down and seeing we were directly above the theater of the school.

"Your school?" I asked walking closer to Jason who was leaning on the railing. "No, my home" He corrected, I gave him a confused look as he continued to talk. "You know how my parents died, so after going through, juvie, foster care, the streets I finally found this place." He joked looking around the place before pointing to a corner.

"Crammed a sleeping bag, in the rafters over there, hid out up here at night, watched the theater kids living their best lives. I used to think they were losers. But look who ended up in a mask and cap." Jason laughed, I stayed silent feeling terrible about it all.

"So you're a theater nerd?" I joked, "Thespians actually." He corrected, sounding confident. "I think it's sweet, I loved theater as a kid, but stopped when my parents died though. Never was the lead but I loved the experience." I smiled leaning on my own railing across from Jason.

"Maybe that could be our next date." He joked about moving closer to me. "Next date? I thought it was this and we would be done." I joked about getting up from the railing and moving my face closer to his.

"Then I guess I have to make this one good enough to get another one." He joked giving me a kiss on the lips. "And how are you going to do that, Todd?" I asked, laughing a little until he spoke the words I would never hear out of his mouth.

"Because, Jones, I am going to ask you to be my girlfriend." He said casually like this wasn't a big deal, "What?" I was still a little shocked.

Am I dreaming or something or did Jason Todd ask me to be his girlfriend. "Ember, Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked again, grabbing my shoulders and pulling me closer to him.

"Since when do you do this romance stuff? I thought you were never into this." I questioned, still really confused but filled with butterflies. "I don't know, maybe since I fell in love with a great girl." He smiled, making me smile even more.

"Then my answer is Yes, Jason I will be your girlfriend." I smiled before he pulled me into a longer kiss this time, making the butterflies in my stomach go nuts. I can't believe it, I am officially dating Jason, maybe this is what they were planning earlier.

Yes this all sounds cringy and shit but let me be happy for a little. I couldn't believe it, after the wreck of the past few weeks I have had this is more than I could ask for no better day.

"I realized I never officially asked you, and I figured we were basically already bf and gf so I thought now would be a perfect time to ask and not when we were almost killed a few days earlier." Jason joked after he pulled away, still smiling like crazy.

"Did Rose know about this? Is that why you two were acting weird this morning?" I questioned, "Well not exactly she knew I wanted to do something but I didn't tell her about me asking you to be my girlfriend." Jason answered, making me laugh a little about the fact that Rose is basically our number 1 supporter.

"Now how about I show you around Gotham a little." He smiled before dragging me out of the building and to his motorcycle. I held on still thinking this all ways a dream, especially after the nightmare days I have been having. Maybe this is the time I can actually be happy.

Not worrying about the others and their problems, it would be nice to have a home to stay at legally but hanging out with Rose and my now boyfriend Jason, worrying about absolutely nothing might just be the life for me.

50 CHAPTERS OMG!!!!

THANK YOU, GUYS, FOR SUPPORTING ME AND LOVING THIS STORY AS MUCH AS I DO. I ALSO WANTED TO SAY THAT WITH SCHOOL STARTING, SOME CHAPTERS WILL BE LATER IN THE DAY BUT I DO STILL PLAN TO POST A CHAPTER EVERY 3 DAYS UNLESS YOU GUYS WANT TO CHANGE THAT BUT THATS THE LEAST NUMBER OF DAYS I CAN DO.

I HOPE YOU ALL ARE HAVING AN AMAZING DAY OR NIGHT AND I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THIS WONDERFUL STORY!!