Broken

LISA POV

"Lisa...please let's talk... Let me explain. It's not what it looks like."

I stop.

I was planning to run but my feet don't want to.

I tried my best to calm myself and wiped the remaining tears left on my cheeks.

After that, I slowly turn around to face her.

And when I saw her face full of nervousness and shock I just smiled at her and tried my best to be strong and not to show the emotion inside me that any minute now it will burst.

I gave her a warm smile and said.

"Okay... Explain Jennieyah." I said in a soft tone.

We are currently a few feet away in the cabin now she doesn't even wear shoes but that's not my concern now.

"Are you cheating on me, Jen?" I asked again in a low tone.

If you ask me if I'm angry?

I don't know.

"Li-listen please hone---"

"Please don't call me that, it takes a lot for me already to stay here listening to you. Please don't sweet talk me. I'm a grown-ass woman. I can understand... No, I mean I will try to understand you."

"Lisayah... I'm not cheating on you, please it's not what it looks like. We don't have a relationship, we didn't kiss and we didn't have sex. Please believe me. This is all a mistake" Jennie said her tone full of concern and fear.

I inhale heavily and exhale it with tremble breath.

"Cheating doesn't start with sex, it starts with sneaky talks," I said hanging my head low as I felt my tear wants to come out now so bad, but I wipe them immediately.

"Cheating doesn't mean you have to kiss, meet or have sex with someone else." I look at her directly into her eyes.

"Once you find yourself deleting messages so your partner will not see them, then you already are there."

I said as I remembered her deleted messages.

"Many people don't understand this but a mistake is something that happens accidentally. Cheating and lying are not accidents, they are choices Jen" I said again but this time I can't stop myself from crying.

My tears fell down my cheeks as I'm looking into her eyes.

She then steps forward towards me but I raise my hand signing her to stop.

"Stop"

"Lisa... I'm sorry, please... Let's talk this out... I love you, Lisa... Please" she said with her cracking voice.

I shook my head and smiled at her "Words mean nothing. Action means everything, this past few weeks don't you think I didn't notice your changes, Jen? Did you hear me complaining? I said nothing... I kept quiet you know why? Because I TRUST YOU. " I said sobbing.

I felt my knees becoming weaker and I let myself fall to my knees that's when I put my palms in my face and began crying hard.

It hurts.

My chest feels so heavy making me feel like someone choking me.

When I felt I can't breathe properly I started to calm myself, even thou it was hard I tried my best to stop myself from crying.

Jennie is now hugging me from behind holding my waist so tight. I just let her cause I don't have any strength to take off her hands.

"Li-Lisa... You don't understand me... Please don't talk like you're going to leave me... I'm not gonna let that happen.." she said behind my back wetting my shirt.