2

Nunew's pov:

I got in his office and he motioned me to take a seat.

We sat in uncomfortable silence for a while and I got restless.

"Sir,''I called out.

No response.

"Sir?''i repeated.

Still.no response.

"Mr Pruk''..

He didn't even look up from his work.

"Zee Pruk Panich!''

He finally looked at me but I guess he wasn't pleased since he was frowning.

"Mr Chawarin..I suggest you don't cross lines,''

"But we've been sitting in silence for almost thirty minutes yet you're the one who called for me,''

"I can do whatever I want it's my office,''

"I have work to get back to,''

"I employed you so I dictate how things run around here,''

"With all due respect that's not how it should be...when you allow democracy then people won't fear and judge you as they do,''I replied.

"I don't recall when I asked for your opinion on how to do things around here,''he said as he got back to his work once again leaving me idle.

"Sir,''

"Nunew just keep silent...that is all I expect from you.''

"Only my friends call me that I prefer we stick to Mr Chawarin,''

He sighed tiredly and removed his glasses.
He stood up from his chair and stood in front of me.

"Where shall we start..''he said as he crossed his arms.
"You came to work late..twice..you told your boss to go screw himself..you called me a ghost..you said my face needed a chiropractor..you rolled your eyes at me when I was giving out instructions and as I am punishing you you dare to lecture me and distract me from my work?''

I remained silent since I didn't know what he expected me to say.

" The cat got your tongue?you didn't seem to have a problem with running your mouth earlier on,''

"I'm not speaking without a lawyer,''

"You might as well be the lawyer yourself,''

"I don't know what you want from me,''

"Date me,''

"Sorry?''

"I said date m-''

"I heard what you said but how could you ask me such a thing?''

"It's not a trivial question Nunew,''

"Stop calling me that,''

"Nunew,''

"Only my close friends call me that,''

"Your close friends call you Nhu or New,''

"What are you a stalker?''

"I'm the boss I must know everything going on in my office,''

"But you seem to know a lot about my personal life,''

"You still haven't answered me,''

"Why?''

"I'm visiting my parents for their anniversary next week and they made me promise to bring a date,''

"You mean you can also be made to do something?''

"Just answer the question don't be a smartass with me right now,''

"It sounds like a you-problem,''I said and got up to leave but immediately stopped at the doorway.

"I'll double your pay,''

I hesitated.

"Triple,''

"Now I'm listening,''I said and went back to my seat.

"Good...then we'll go for the suit fitting and buy any other stuff we'll need..I've already transferred the money to your account and once the contract is over we'll get back to work normally..but for the weekend we're getting days off and I'll send you my location,''

"You're going too fast..when did you send the money?im speaking to you right now and I've been paying attention yet I didn't see you sending it..are you flash or a wizard?tell me I won't tell I promise,''i said as I held out my pinky finger for him.

He stared blankly at me before shaking his head and leaving.

"Wait where are you going?''

"I have a meeting,''

"Then what should I do?''

"When you decide to leave you can lock the door and meet me at the location I sent later on,''

"I don't have the key,''I said as I ran in front of him and blocked his path.

"It requires a passcode to lock now get out of my way,''

"How are we supposed to behave?like a real couple?''

"Exactly but not too exaggerated..move.. I'll explain later Nhu see you,''

"But sir,''I said and he waved as he disappeared into the car.

As I turned around my friends were already present.

"Nhu,''they said expectedly.

"What?''i asked as they looked at me with confused faces.

"Why did Zee-I mean Mr Pruk call you Nhu?''asked Nat.

"You guys were really eavesdropping?''

"Well could you blame us?we thought you were going to get fired but instead you got invited to prom,''

"It's not prom guys stop,''

"But it does seem so you looked like a deer caught in head light,''

"This is why I never tell you guys anything,''i said as I stormed past them.

"Ohooo Nhu is mad we're sorry we won't tease you again,''

I locked his door and got my stuff.

"Nat you coming?''i asked as I passed by our office.

"You're leaving work early today..I'll catch up with you later I don't want to be caught up in your stuff,''he said as he saw me out.

"But I need you to make me less nervous,''I replied.

"You'll be fine but are you sure it's the right choice?''

"It may not be but we'll finally be able to go to that trip we've always wanted,''

"Ok Nhu take care I love you,''he said as he hugged me tightly.

"You're breaking my bones Nat,''i said as I struggled to get out of his tight embrace.

"Stop being ungrateful and receive my love,''he said as he chased me around.

There was a honk behind us..It was him.

"See you,''i gave Nat one last hug and left.

"I thought you sent me the location and I was supposed to meet you there,''

"Well I assumed it would only be courteous if I picked you up,''

"So you also have the ability to be courteous in you?''i said and earned a glare from him.

"Maintain silence for the rest of the ride for the sake of both our peace,''

"We don't need to act like a couple out here you know?there was no need for picking me up,''

"I wanted to do it and I did..got a problem?and consider this as practice..now silence please,''he said as he drove off.