17

I talked to Nat about our date yesterday and how everything went well.

"Nhu you know the last time you talked so excitedly about something was when you were in love,''

"I wouldn't say I'm in love..isn't that a bit too sudden?I've only known the guy well enough for a week,''

"Then what would you call it?''

"I really like him Nat..and to be honest it wasn't my intention but I just can't deny that I'm drawn to him,''

"I knew that already Nhuu..I'm happy that you finally like someone after years and I wish you the best..take care ok?''

"Ok and I hope you're excited to see me because I'll be there by afternoon!''

"Ohoo the freedom was fun while it lasted,''

"Nat are you complaining that you having me as your best friend is constricting you from freedom?''

"You like putting words in my mouth Nhu when did I even say that?!''

"Well I don't care because you're stuck with me..I'll go pack now see you soon,''I replied and ended the call before he could say anything else.

***

"Have you taken everything?''Zee asked as he opened the back door of his car for me.

"Thank you,''I said as I stuffed my bags in.

The week was over and it was time to go back to work.

"Dear are you sure you can't stay longer?''Mama Zee said as she wore a sad expression.

I looked over at Zee to hear his response but he didn't say anything.

"How about you give me your Line ID then I'll let you know if I'm coming back or not,''

"Ok that would be great..I'm looking forward to seeing more of you around..Zee take care of him ok?''

He just nodded his head and waved them off.

"I'll see you guys in a month,''he said as he slid in the drivers seat.

I hugged them all goodbye and we drove off the yard.

I was going to miss this place so much.

The ride was oddly quiet.. not even the speaker was on.

I looked over at him but his eyes were focused on the road.

I wonder what was going on in his mind.

"Do you want anything along the way?''he asked breaking my train of thoughts.

"Mum convinced me to have a heavy breakfast so I think I'll be fine for the rest of the ride,''

He stared at me pointedly.

"Ohh sorry I forgot we were already out of the house and I don't have to call her that..old habits,''

He didn't say a word but just focused his eyes on the road again.

I was fed up with the silence...yesterday he was telling me how special I am and taking me on dates and now he's giving me the silent treatment.

"Did I do something wrong?''

His gaze was still fixed on the road.

"No,''

"Maybe I'm being paranoid but I feel like you don't want to talk to me..or even look at me,''

"What made you think like that?''he asked without turning to look at me.

I crossed my fingers hoping that I was just overthinking this.