19

Zees pov:

The door was slammed open just as I buried my face in my hands.

"What the hell was that?''Max asked wearing an annoyed expression.

"What do you mean by that?''

"Don't play dumb Zee..just yesterday you dropped him off at home and you even took him out on dates..what were you expecting from this?''

"I already said Max it was all part of-''

"Nonesense!..you do know you can fool anyone but not me..I told you not to get yourself involved with him if this is how things were going to turn out,''

He was right..I could fool anyone but not him..and he did strongly warn me at the beginning..I've practically grown up with him but I didn't have it in me to explain the turmoil I was feeling.

"So what? you're going to stay quiet now?''he asked as I tried debating on what to say.

"No..it just-''

"It's just what?..Nunew is out there crying his eyes out for you because he thinks you used him,''

"Wait did you say he's crying?''I asked concerned.

"Ofcourse I said crying what did you expect him to do?smile and congratulate you for being a jerk and maybe buy you some flowers?''

I could catch the disappointment and sarcasm in his tone.

"Max..''

"No Zee..I love and care for you but this is seriously messed up even for you,''

"I'm really sorry,''

"You're apologizing to the wrong person man..the boy has pictures of you at his bedside table and actually made an effort today looking forward to see you..he was so excited.. even I found it adorable,''

Nobody I've dated has ever appreciated me like that.

I was so used to getting disappointed that I let my trust issues eat me alive.

I felt like I was falling too quickly and I would end up getting hurt so I decided to rip off the bandaid but I didn't notice I was hurting someone so special to me in the process.

The first person to experience the side of me nobody has ever experienced.

I took him on dates to savour memories of our time together because everytime we hung out I felt like it was going to be the last time..so I made the most out of it.

I may have gone too far this time.

He listened to me when nobody else did and he never interrupted or judged me for my pathetic past.

I hated my insecurities at that time but I mostly hated what I did to him.

"Shit I should fix this,''I said grabbing my phone to try calling him but Max yanked the phone from my hand.

"Max you don't understand I need to call him right now!''

I was panicking.

"Good because I hope you feel terrible..I can't give you this phone until you promise there won't be a repeat of this..you know I never really know what's going on in that head of yours..you keep bottling up emotions and eventually you trauma dump on good people,''he said.

"Zee..I'll ask this and depending on how you answer you'll get your phone back or not,''he added.

I nodded trying to calm the rushing feelings inside of me.

At that moment I just wanted to rush out of this office and follow him...I wanted to wrap my arms around him to stop him from crying.

I wanted him to tell me he didn't actually hate me..but I knew that was too good to be true.

"Do you really like Nunew?and be honest with me Zee,''

His tone was serious..we've had arguments with Max but none we're this formal.

I was done hiding behind insecurity..I was done trying to deal with my feelings on my own.

Getting a broken person to trust again isn't as simple as it may seem..but they aren't completely emotionless.

"Yes Max..yes..I like him so much it scares me..I feel like I'm willing to give him anything and everything he asks for..as long as I'll get to keep him by my side..I'm so stupid for hurting him and he may probably hate me now but I need him in my life Max..I've never needed someone this much in my life but I'll finally be able to accept that I do need him and I do like him a lot,''

I felt tears stinging at my eyes and I didn't hold back as Max hugged me.

"Come on Zee..you should fix this,''he said running a comforting hand on my back.

He handed over the phone to me and I immediately clicked his contact.

I called him and the call went straight to voicemail.

"We need to talk,''I texted him.

The message read seen but he didn't reply.

I tried calling again only to be told that the number doesn't exist.

"He blocked you..not that you didn't deserve it..I would've done the same thing even worse,''Max said lazily swinging on the chair.

I pointed at my cheek and he immediately burst out laughing when he saw the handprint on it.

"I have to say..I undermined him..Nunew is a total badass..I knew I liked him for a reason,''he added.

"Hey..calm down it's your friend you're making fun of,''I said and he looked at me pointedly.

"Yeah..my friend who just acted like the biggest jerk in history..if there was a world record for jerks you would've probably wo-''

"Yeah yeah I get it Max I'm awful and the biggest jerk..now can you stop reminding me?I'm trying to fix this,''

"Fine...but you won't hear the last of it..anyway I'm going to check up on Nat and Nunew good luck on your sincere apologies,''he said and rose up turning to leave.

"Wait Max?''

"Yeah?''

"Thank you..and can you tell Nunew that I need to talk to him when you guys meet?''

"Yeah sure..that's what friends are for,''he said smiling genuinely then he left.

I rested my head back in my palms squeezing the bridge of my nose.

I called over my secretary to buy me other sim cards..I feel like I was going to need a number of them.

Authors note:

Don't just pass by..hit that voting star come on you can do it!I'm watching fr👀