4

Nunew's pov:

Nat and I sat sprawled on the couch debating on a series to binge watch this time.

We weren't going to spend time watching it since we'll be talking the whole time.
That has been our routine.

"How wa-''we both started at the same time.

"Rock paper scissors on who goes first?''I asked.

"Deal,''

I lost..as usual.."Nat you keep on cheating,''

"Nhu it's a simple game..you just have bad luck in it,''

"Whatever anyways you go first,''

*Flashback*

Nat's pov:

I rushed back to the office..I had a long night ahead of me.

Nunew already left so I had to finish up fast and go back before it got dark.

"Nat..you're not heading home?''asked Yim as they waited for me at the exit.

"It's ok guys..head on home I have some work to complete,''

"Will you be ok?we can wait until you're done..it can get scary in these streets at ungodly hours,''

"No no it's ok I'm almost done please just go,''I replied and shifted back my focus on the work.

"Nunew owes me one..I have to do both of our works alone,''I murmured to myself thinking of ways to make him compensate.

"Were you talking to yourself?''

I turned around and saw him.."absolutely not sir I'm just finishing up some docu-''

"No need to explain yourself Nat and please call me Max..here I'll help you,''he said as he slid beside me.

So he does know my name..

"But sir I'm almost done I'll be f-''

"Max''

"Yes P'Max I'll be ok you can just head home,''

"The arrangement should be in this format,''I heard his voice over my shoulder as he guided my fingers on the keyboard.

I dared not to look up .

His face was merely inches from my ear and the moment I looked back our lips would definitely touch.

"Nat?''he called out with a worried tone.

"Yes?''

"Don't keep overworking yourself..I've been watching you it's not healthy,''

"Ohh..I didn't realise you noticed,''

"I did...cut yourself some slack.. infact let's go get Ice cream,''he said and held my hand pulling me out of the chair.

"P'Max I have to shut down the desktop,''I said as he kept dragging me after him.

I looked so tiny beside him and he was towering over me.