14

The rest of the evening went by well and I'm glad it wasn't awkward and embarrassing anymore.

I had a drunk grown man lying on my shoulder repeating the story about how he met his wife for the tenth time already.

I mouthed the words "help''to Zee who was just watching us the whole time but he shrugged his shoulders in response.

I should've know he wouldn't help me out of this.

Even though it was a profound measure but I had to take it.

"Hey what if I brought your wife here?''I asked and he looked at me enthusiastically.

"Really?where is she?''

"She's just in the next room I'll go get her for you,''I replied rushing out of the room before he changed his mind.

His wife was actually an ocean away from there(I apologize in advance)and wouldn't return back from work till next year.

"You know it's no good to lie to your elders Nhu,''said Zee as he leaned against the doorframe.

"I had no choice..you refused to help,''

"You actually had other choices but you decided to settle on toying with a drunk man's emotions,''he whispered but I wouldn't miss that smug look on his face.

I was fed up with him.

"I know you didn't come here to lecture me..what do you actually want?''

"Who says I want something?''

"Just cut to the chase Zee,''I was getting annoyed.

"Fine..umm can we talk?''

You have no idea how this statement scares me every single time..it's always a disaster..the last time I heard this was when we had a heated arguement with Nat and I thought we would never see each other again.

"Yeah sure,''I replied fidgeting with my fingers.

He just stood there saying nothing.

"Well?''I asked looking at him expectedly.

"Ohh you don't think we're going to talk in here right?there's too many prying ears,''he replied and I could tell he was just as nervous as I was.

This is awkward.

"Fine lead the way,''I replied.

Nats pov:

"Should I get you anything?''asked Max as he linked his hand to mine.

"No I'm fine thanks,''

None of us had brought the story up and I was too nervous to ask him about it.

I didn't want to rush him into anything but considering my emotions too,I had to confirm if he liked me or not so I could stop myself from attachment issues.

As we were walking down the trails I finally got courage to ask him about it.

"Max do you like me?''I asked and he also stopped to face me.

"Yeah ofcourse I do you're a great person,''he replied.

"No..not that like..like are you attracted to me?''

He didn't reply immediately and I looked at his face trying to read his expression but it was neutral...I couldn't tell how he was feeling.

"If you're not ok with it we should j-''

"Yes..I like you so much and over the days I've been doing everything I can to be close to you..I just wanted to see you smile everytime since you're always so busy at the office,''