21

Max and Nat left for work minutes ago.

This was the first time I was left alone with my thoughts.

After cleaning the dishes I hopped on my bed and scrolled through my phone trying to find a suitable place that was hiring.

"Ugh this is pointless,''

I threw the phone on my bed as I kept scrolling with no success.

There was a certain club hiring and it paid really well but I don't think I would manage a club with a bunch of rowdy men.

The thought of it gave me chills.

I raised my head from my palms when I got a notification.

Nat-"Here's a great place.. Max recommended it to me!''

I could feel his excitement from the text.

"You should be working at this time..Zee will skin you alive if he catches you on your phone,''

Nat-"Weird enough he didn't come to work today,''

What?

If there's one thing that man was obsessed with was his job..I wonder why he took a day off today.

Not that I care or anything..

"What do you mean he's not there?that's impossible,''

"I thought the same..maybe something's wrong or maybe he's sick,''

"Yeah..''

I was a bit concerned but I wasn't letting myself get fooled twice.

Nat-"Nhu..you still care about him don't you?''

This boy knew me so well... ofcourse I couldn't lie to him.

"Yes..yes I do,''

Nat-"I understand.. it'll take time..I'll see you at home Nhu make sure to rest and eat your food,''

I opened the link he sent me and found out they were hiring..it was a nice coffee shop nearby and it paid really well.

I hated sitting around idle so I decided to take the interview today.

I was good with drinks and I had great communication skills.

I was going to go there after lunch..it was still too early in the morning so I decided to freshen up and search for a movie on Netflix.

I got another text from a random number.

I tried thinking back to anyone I gave my contact recently but I couldn't think of any.

Oh! right..Zee's mum...she took it right before I left and insisted I should text her.

I also took her number but they don't match at all.

Maybe she switched?

Unknown -"Hello Nhu,''

"Hi mum..I'm so sorry I didn't text earlier I forgot and I will receive any scolding you have to give me,''I replied immediately.

Yes I was still calling her mum..I was attached to her and she was so great to me and she was like a mother to me.

I don't care if Zee and I weren't on good terms but I really loved his mother.

I wish he followed her footsteps then we wouldn't be having this problem now.

Enough thoughts about him!

"I know it's still early but can you please open the door?''

What?what did she mean open the door? I've never told her where I live.