24

I would say today was a complete success.

It was like I was made for this job because I didn't screw up even once.

I missed Nat though.

Bryce and Sienna kept talking throughout the day..even between shifts.

"I need to know what the two of you take for breakfast,''said Jackie at the end of the day.

"I know you're being sarcastic...it can't be helped.. we're just naturals,''Sienna said as Bryce nodded in agreement.

"Are you heading out Nunew?the shift is over and we can all go together,''Bryce said rushing to my side.

"It's ok guys...I wouldn't want to inconvenience you,''

"You wouldn't be an inconvenience..you shouldn't think like that,''said Sienna also rushing to my side.

I needed the answer to Jackie's question too..I wonder how any normal human being would have this much energy through the day.

"So..are you coming Nunew?''they asked leaning towards my face.

The looks they were giving me made it hard to turn them down.

"I gues-''

Ezra interrupted me before I could give an answer.

"It's not safe outside at this hour and your apartment is the furthest right?if you don't mind I'll drive you,''he said approaching me.

Bryce and Sienna left immediately they saw him from across the room.

"It's really no big deal sir I can go alone,''

"Ezra..I told you to call me Ezra Nunew,''

"Yes umm Ezra,''

This was going to take a lot of getting used to.

"It really won't be of much trouble Nunew..your safety is our top priority,''

Ofcourse I needed a ride but I didn't want to receive any more favours from CEO's.

I didn't have much of a choice now though..I just nodded my head and picked my stuff.

"I'll be back..I'll go pick my keys,''he said and I almost got thrown on the floor when he disappeared around the corner.

"Nunewww!I told you he had a soft spot for you..none of us have ever set foot in neither his office nor his car,''

"It's nothing..he's just being kind,''

But was he though?..I felt like he had ulterior motives because there's no way he was being just kind with that look on his eye.

"If you say so..but you're really lucky dude,''said Sienna as she punched me playfully and I winced in pain.

*That woman can seriously throw a punch.*I thought to myself rubbing my arm.

"You ready?''Ezra asked coming back from his office with keys.

"Yeah,''I said and waved goodbye to my new colleagues/friends.

Bryce and Sienna waved back enthusiastically throwing winks and thumbs ups while Jackie just sighed tiredly.

We left all the bickering inside as we walked to the parking lot.

I spotted a familiar car but I was still in denial.

Zees car..but what is he doing here?

"Hey man,''Zee said emerging from the car.

"Oh hey Zee..sorry for the late reply I was held up with loads of work''

"It's ok Ezra.. we'll talk more about work later... I'm here for him,''he said pointing at me.

Me?when did I even call him?

Ezra looked between the two of us confused but did an excellent job of masking it.

"Zee..I never called you to come pick me up,''

"I know Nhu..but I figured out that you would need a ride back later,''

"I do need a ride but not from you,''I said turning my back but he immediately grabbed my arm.

"Zee enough of this
.let me go..you're causing a scene,''

He didn't let go.

His grip on my hand sure did refresh my memories.

I feared he would go feral and hurt me like the last time but he withdrew.

"Nhu..I'm sorry I'm not going to hurt you on purpose again..ever,''he said rubbing his thumb over my fingers.

I hated how his words came off so sincerely.

Ezra was still watching impatiently checking his watch.

"Nunew..are you done?

"He's coming with me,''Zee replied.

"You're not in a position to decide that for me..I'm going with him,''I said and turned to Ezra.

"Sorry for the wait sir..we can leave now,''

Zee didn't say anything..he just stood there watching with his arms crossed.

I turned around to glance at him for the last time.

There was something in his eyes..was it anger? jealousy?

It was better for both of us this way.

I didn't pay much attention to it.
.
.
.
.
.
The car was comfortable.

The awkward silence between us dragged on and I decided to watch the night sky instead.

The streets were still busy.

Vendors were closing their businesses and packing their stuff.

The alleyways were dark with gangs roaming all around them.

I don't know how I would've made it home.

"Nunew..can I ask you something?''Ezra finally broke the silence looking over at me.

I already knew what his questions would entail.

"Are Zee and you dating by any chance?''

If maybe situations had turned out differently I would be saying the opposite.

"No,''I replied.

"Ahh I see,''he replied and I noticed a small hint of a smile on his lips.

"Why are you happy about it?''I asked curiously.

"You see Nunew..I've taken quite a liking to you and I would wish to be an important person in your life..that is..if you'll agree,''he asked.

If only Zee had told me these words..and even though he was cold to me,I still found myself falling blindly for him.

So Bryce and Sienna were right.

"Sir..I'm not in the right head for relationships at the moment,''

"It's ok Nunew..I can wait..just take your time but I'll still pursue you..there's no changing my mind,''he replied fixing his gaze on the road.

I guess I have a type...a type that is very very bad for my heart.

"It's not necessary sir... you'll be wasting your time,''

Zee was scarier but for some reason I talked to him more freely than I did to Ezra.

He was kinder and patient..the complete opposite of Zee.

Fuck why did I keep comparing them.

"Nunew..I told you..there's no changing my mind,''

I didn't know how to comment on that so I just rested my head on the window looking back to the streets.

Authors note:

Sorry for the late update..trying to update daily..don't forget to vote and comment.

Love you❤️