20

"Hey..I got us ice cream,''

Nat walked in sitting beside me on the bed.

"You didn't have to,''I said resting my head on his shoulder.

"I know you would do the same for me Nhu..it's nothing,''

"Thank you,''

I stopped crying hours ago but my eyes were still swollen.

"Atleast I'm going to sleep really well tonight,''

I turned away from the mirror focusing on my sundae.

"Yeah?why do you say that?''

"Psychology says that sleeping after crying is ten times better,''

"Oh yeah I read about that..plus it makes your lashes grow longer,''he added.

We both ended up laughing at the change of topic.

"What would I do without you Nat?''

I looked up at him and he patted my shoulder gently.

"Probably be sad to death?''

We laughed again..this time for a longer time before catching our breath.

"On a more serious note..do you want to talk about it?''he asked seriously.

"Will you take no as an answer?''

He shook his head.

"I'm so stupid for reading the whole situation wrong Nat..I should've known that it was all part of the deal,''

He took my hands in his and turned so that he was facing me.

"Listen to me Nunew..you're not stupid..he's the one who led you on..what was he expecting?''

"You're right..but I shouldn't have allowed him to have his way with me..I'm such an idiot,''

I buried my face in my palms resisting the urge to cry.

"It's ok Nhu..cheer up..first break ups hurt a lot but I swear you'll get over it..I'm here with you aren't I?''

I nodded and let him hug me.

We stayed in silence for a while before my phone rung.

I picked it up and saw his name on the screen.

"It's him,''I said showing it to Nat.

"The audacity,''Nat said rolling his eyes."are you going to pick it up?''

"Absolutely not..he's the last person I want to hear from right now,''I said pressing the block icon.

"Good.. because I want to see you heal..now what are you going to do about your job?''

I didn't think of that.

"I'm probably sure there are many places hiring right now.. I'll rest for tomorrow then search for a place,''

"I'll help you,''

I scowled.

It felt like he was going out of his way to help me.

"Nat I love you but I can manage this myself you've done enough already,''

"But-''

"No..no buts..I have to do this alone.. atleast it will get my mind off things,''

"Ok but if you need me I'll be here for you ok?don't feel like you're alone,''

I nodded and we both decided to go to sleep early.