Chapter 2

William’s POV

I was pissed as fuck.

That pathetic piece of shit dared to threaten me?! He dared to take advantage of her so I would suffer?! I was going to find him, and I was going to put a bullet into his brain.

I had to hide her again. I had to find someplace safe for her. Alexander was insane if he thought that I would let her come here. This place wasn’t safe for her. I didn’t want her here. I didn’t want her to see who we were. She was safer and better off without us.

Damien was starring at me with a murderous look on his face. I understood him completely. I didn’t tell him what happened, and I made him come to the office of the man we both hated. He looked like he was about to explode. Luke was staring at Alexander with an unreadable expression on his face. He didn’t look as angry as Damien, but I could still tell that he didn’t want to be here.

I didn’t want to be here.

The door opened, and Elijah walked inside.

“What is go...” he spoke, but stopped abruptly when he saw us.

His eyes widened, and he looked at Alexander.

“Why are they here?” Elijah asked, closing the door behind him.

The expression on his face went from surprised to pissed off in a matter of seconds.

“I would love to know that too,” Damien mumbled, making Elijah look at him.

“Sit down, Eli,” Alexander said sternly. “We have something important to discuss.”

I watched Elijah as he approached his brother and sat on the couch next to him. Alexander handed him the letter.

I reached into my jacket pocket, pulled out the letter I received, and handed it to Damien. Luke stood up and approached our brother so he could look at the letter as well.

I watched my brothers’ faces as they read it. They were surprised at first, but then there was a mixture of rage and terror written on both of their faces.

“Are you fucking kidding me?!” Elijah screamed, making me look at him.

He was standing up, holding the letter in his hand, and staring like he was hoping he would be able to burn it with his stare alone.

“Where is she?” Damien asked, his voice laced with anger.

I looked back at my brother and tightened my jaw.

“My men are on their way,” I said, trying to sound calm and collected. “I called James and Lizzie. She is okay.”

I didn’t know what I would do if she wasn’t. I would probably lose it and kill everyone and everything on sight.

“What are we going to do?” Luke mumbled, staring at the letter with a worried look on his face.

He kept gulping, and I could tell that he was holding back tears. Luke was always the softest of the three of us.

“I want to bring her here,” Alexander said, making me tighten my jaw. “She will be safest here with us.”

I kept my eyes on my brothers, trying to anticipate their reaction even though I already knew what it was going to be. They would agree with me. They didn’t want her here.

“Of course!” Elijah exclaimed. “We need to bring her here today!”

Damien narrowed his eyes and clenched his fists.

“No,” he said sternly. “She has no business being here. We will find another place for her to stay.”

Damien looked at me, and I gave him a small nod.