Chapter 41

Alexander’s POV

Will rolled his eyes for like a hundredth time.

“Why, Alex?” he asked again. “Give me one good reason except your intuition.”

I tightened my jaw and shook my head.

“I don’t need another reason, Will,” I said angrily. “I don’t fucking trust her and that’s it.”

Will narrowed his eyes and wanted to say something, but he was interrupted when the door opened and Eli and Damien walked inside.

Eli took one look at me and he immediately knew that something was wrong.

“What is going on?” he asked as he looked from me to Will. “Where is Sophia? Did something happen to her?”

“No, Eli,” I said. “She and Luke are still asleep.”

Damien closed the door and leaned against it.

“What happened then?” he asked. “You two look like you are about to punch each other.”

I glanced at Will and saw him rolling his eyes again.

“I want your mother to leave,” I said, trying to remain calm. “I don’t trust her and I don’t want her around Sophia.”

Damien raised an eyebrow at me, but he remained silent. Eli gulped and looked at Will. I knew that Eli didn’t trust her either. He and I had already discussed it.

“You are just being insecure, Alex,” Will said and I could feel the anger boiling in my blood.

I clenched my fists and narrowed my eyes at him.

“I am not fucking insecure, Will,” I said angrily. “I am worried about my sister. I let your mother come here because I thought that maybe it would be good for Sophia. I can already tell that it isn’t and I want her out of here.”

Will shook his head and chuckled.

“She spent one night here,” he said. “How can you tell that it isn’t good for Sophia to have her here?”

I looked at Eli and took a deep breath.

“Because I know my sister,” I said calmly. “I could tell that she wasn’t comfortable. I want your mom out of my house.”

I looked back at Will and saw fury on his face.

“Sophia needs…,” he spoke, but I interrupted him.

“Her brothers,” I said sternly. “She only needs her brothers. She doesn’t need a woman in her life. She needs people who love her and your mother doesn’t.”

Will took a deep breath and released it slowly.

“My mother and I talked yesterday,” Will said and I could tell that he was trying to remain calm. “She likes Sophia so much. She said that she would love to spend more time with her.”

Will shook his head and sighed.

“We are backed into a corner until we find those fuckers,” he continued. “We can leave this place. We can’t take her anywhere. We can’t fucking give her any opportunities other than spending her days with us. She finally has a person she can connect with and who can offer her something that we can’t. Why do you want to take that from her?”

“Why do you think that she needs anything else, Will?” Eli asked, furrowing his eyebrows. “Do you think that she isn’t happy here with us?”

Will looked at him and sighed.