Chapter 40

Elijah’s POV

To say that the dinner was awkward would be an understatement.

Natalie was polite. She even asked Alex and me a couple of questions. She kept talking to Sophie and she seemed really nice.

At least I thought so. Based on Alex’s expression he had a different opinion about Natalie.

But I couldn’t talk to him about it while Natalie was there. Honestly, I wouldn’t even be able to talk to him about it if Natalie wasn’t there.

I was distracted.

I was distracted by the way Damien licked his lips after taking another bite. I was distracted by his muscles clenching as he tore a small piece of bread. I was distracted by his smile. I was distracted by his perfume.

He kept glancing at me and smirking. I really wanted to grab the back of his neck and wipe that smirk off his face. I wanted him on his knees and…

“Eli,” Sophia’s soft voice made me flinch.

I gulped and looked at her. I could feel Damien’s leg touching mine under the table and I wanted to scream at him. He sat opposite me on purpose. He sat there because I knew I would be able to see everything he was purposely doing. He sat there because he knew it would drive me insane.

“Yes, honey?” I asked, forcing myself to focus on my sister.

She was sitting next to me so I could run my fingers through her hair and kiss her temple.

“Can you please give me the water bottle?” she asked.

“Of course, honey,” I said as I reached for the bottle and gave it to her.

“Thank you,” she said, giving me a small smile.

I placed another kiss on her temple and looked back at Damien. He was smirking a little and I narrowed my eyes at him. He raised an eyebrow at me and I felt his leg bump against mine again.

I was burning with desire and I couldn’t wait for this dinner to end.

And it seemed like it never would. The meals kept coming. The conversation dragged along until I was on the verge of exploding.

What made it all worse was the fact that Damien didn’t seem bothered at all. The fucker had two pieces of cake. He was dragging it along on purpose and I was going to get him back for that.

I was trembling with need by the time I finally knocked on his bedroom door. I had so many ideas about how I would punish him for what he did tonight. Every one of those ideas included me shoving my…

“Yes?” he asked as he opened the door.

He smirked immediately and looked me up and down. I pushed him back inside and my lips crashed against his.

I could feel him smile. He grabbed the back of my neck and pinned me against the wall.

“Someone is a little impatient,” he mumbled as he lowered his lips to my neck.

I groaned and every muscle in my body clenched.

“You did all of those things on purpose,” I mumbled, panting hard.

He started sucking on my neck and my eyes rolled to the back of my head.

“Of course I did,” he said smugly. “I enjoyed seeing how frustrated you were. I knew that I would enjoy all the ways you are about to punish me for doing that to you.”

I tangled my fingers into his hair and pulled his head back. He was smirking and it just pissed me off even more. I leaned in and bit his lower lip, making him groan and rub himself against me. I could feel how hard he was and it was driving me fucking insane.