Chapter 39

Sophia’s POV

“Eli and I will be in my office,” Alex said as he kissed the top of my head. “Just call us if you need us.”

I hugged him as tightly as I could. Eli and he didn’t want to be here when Mrs. Ferrara came. I understood it, but I didn’t like it. I wished Alex could stay with me.

“I’m not going anywhere, baby,” Alex said softly. “If you get overwhelmed just tell Will and he will bring you to me. Does that sound good?”

I looked up at him and nodded. He smiled and caressed my cheek.

I didn’t really want to meet Mrs. Ferrara, but I saw how much it would mean to Will. I wanted to do it for him.

“She is here,” I heard Damien’s voice.

Alex looked up at him and nodded. I leaned my head on his chest and took a deep breath. Alex ran his fingers through my hair and placed another kiss on the top of my head.

“See you a bit later, honey,” Eli said, making me look at him.

I gave him a small smile and he leaned in to kiss my cheek.

Alex let me go and I immediately tensed up. I watched Alex and Eli leave the room and I wanted nothing more but to leave with them.

“Are you okay, sweetie?” Damien asked as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

I nodded and looked up at him. Damien leaned in and kissed my temple.

“Where will mom stay if Alex and Eli don’t want to see her?” Luke asked.

“It’s not that they don’t want to see her, it’s that they didn’t want to overwhelm her,” Will said. “She knows this is their house. She agreed to stay here, knowing that they would be here. Alex just thought that meeting Sophia would be enough for the beginning.”

Will looked at me and smiled.

“Ready, Sunshine?” he asked and I gave him a small nod.

I pressed myself closer to Damien as I watched Will walk out of the house.

“Are you okay?” Damien asked, tightening his hold on me.

“Just a little bit nervous,” I mumbled.

Damien placed another kiss on my temple.

“Don’t be, sweetie,” he said softly. “Our mom will love you. I promise.”

I gave him a small smile and looked back at the front door. I took a deep breath just as Will walked back inside. His mom was right behind him.

She looked around the room, smiling a little. Her eyes landed on me and her smile disappeared. She took a deep breath and stopped walking.

“You look so much like your mom,” she mumbled quietly.

I tensed up a little and pressed myself even closer to Damien.

“But you have your dad’s eyes,” she added and gave me a small smile.

I gulped and smiled back at her.

“Sophia, this is our mom,” William said, smiling brightly. “Natalia Ferrara.”

“Hello,” I said quietly, keeping a small smile on my face.

Mrs. Ferrara looked at Damien and an unknown emotion flashed in her eyes. She looked back at me and smiled.

“Hello, Sophia,” she said. “I know this is a bit unusual, but I am so happy to meet you. It’s been 17 years. It’s time for us to move on from what happened. I am glad you are finally back together with your brothers.”