Chapter 15

Sophia's POV

I woke up feeling very warm and comfortable.

The feeling was completely unknown to me. I always slept on the floor. I was always cold and my body always hurt.

Why was I so comfortable?

Did I die? Was this heaven?

It couldn't be, though. I wouldn't go to heaven after I died. I didn’t deserve it. I let a man use my body in the most horrific ways possible. I would surely go to hell.

But this wasn’t hell. It couldn't have been hell. I felt like I was floating on clouds.

I didn’t want to open my eyes. I wanted to enjoy being comfortable as long as possible. I wanted to enjoy feeling warm. I wanted to enjoy feeling safe.

But I knew it wouldn't last long. I knew that whatever this was, it wouldn't last long. I knew I had to open my eyes.

“Do you think that she will be hungry when she wakes up?” I heard a quiet voice.

I frowned s little. Who was that?

“I don’t know,” a familiar voice said. “But she needs to eat. She is malnourished.”

I opened my eyes slowly. I was met with complete darkness. The only ray of light was coming from the door to my left.

“I will make breakfast,” someone said. “She will probably wake up soon.”

The other man said something, but I ignored him completely. I couldn't focus on what he was saying. My heart was racing a mile a minute and I couldn't breathe.

I was lying in bed.

A real bed.

I even had a blanket.

Why?!

That wasn’t allowed! I was breaking so many rules!

I had to get out!

I threw the blanket off me and sat up. I groaned in pain. My whole body hurt, but I ignored that as well. I already learned how to live with pain. I started moving as fast as I could until I reached the edge. I jumped up and tried to figure out how to make the bed so they wouldn't know I was sleeping in it.

How did I even get in there? I couldn't remember falling asleep.

I started feeling around the bed, trying to pull the covers up, but the door opened a bit more.

“I will let you know when she wakes up,” the familiar voice said.

My heart stopped. I let the blanket go and started backing up slowly until I hit a wall.

“I will need to check her up,” a new voice said coldly.

“I know,” someone said, sighing quietly. “I will let all of you know when she wakes up.”

I slid down the wall and pulled my knees to my chest. I felt like I was about to pass out.

“Why can’t I go in there?” someone asked angrily.

“Because I don’t want to scare her, Damien,” a familiar voice said angrily. “She is comfortable with me and she will need some time to adjust to the rest of you. I want to take it slowly.”

“You are just enjoying this, aren’t you?” someone snickered angrily. “She is my sister too. If you take her from me…”

“Maybe if you aren’t a cold jerk, she would trust you too by now,” someone interrupted the angry man.