Chapter 21

Alexander’s POV

I was staring at his picture with so much hate in my body that I thought I would explode.

Michael Dawson.

The fucker who thought he could take my baby from me. The fucker who thought we would be stupid enough to let him near our treasure. The fucker who thought he had a chance against us.

I tightened my jaw and looked at the file in front of me.

I would find him and I would strangle him with my own two hands.

The door to my office opened and William walked inside.

“Where is she?” I asked as I watched him sit on the couch.

“Sleeping in her room,” William mumbled, clenching his fists. “I barely managed to leave.”

I nodded and took a deep breath. I was just about to tell him that I understood him completely when the door opened again and Damien, Lucas, and Eli walked in.

“How does that fucker know what James did?!” Damien exclaimed, slamming the door shut. “How does he know that James...”

Damien stopped talking and clenched his fists. He looked like he was on the verge of exploding.

I glanced at William and sighed.

“Because James and Elizabeth are probably with him,” I said. “That would also explain why we can’t find them.”

Damien cursed loudly, grabbed a lamp that was on my desk, and threw it against the wall.

Eli was the only one who did something to stop Damien from continuing to destroy my office, which was what he was about to do.

“Holy fuck, Damien!” Eli shouted, grabbing him and stopping him from grabbing something else off my desk. “Calm the fuck down!”

Damien looked at Eli over his shoulder and tried to pull away from Eli.

“You will wake her up,” Lucas said calmly. “Stop it.”

Eli let Damien go and Damien started pacing around the room. He had a murderous look on his face.

“We’ve been trying to find Michael for years,” William said angrily. “If those fuckers are really with him, we won’t be able to find them.”

I tightened my jaw and gulped.

William was right. Michael went into hiding after he killed William’s father and my mother. William and his brothers had been trying to find him for years. Eli and I had been trying to do the same, but none of us had any luck.

Our mother and their father continued their affair even after Sophia was born. They kept meeting in secret and Michael found out. We found their bodies in a car parked near one of Michael’s abandoned buildings.

It was a hard time for both of our families. My dad was so angry at my mom for continuing the affair that he refused to avenge her death. He said that she deserved it and that she would still be alive if she wasn’t a cheating whore. My dad took my mom’s affair hard and it wasn’t just because she cheated on him with his biggest rival. It was because he believed that Sophia was his until the day she was born and he saw William’s father at the hospital. My dad always wanted a girl and he was ecstatic when my mom found out that she was pregnant with a girl. I think that finding out that Sophia wasn’t his broke my dad’s heart more than my mom being unfaithful.

William’s mother insisted on finding out who killed her husband. That is how they found out it was Michael and William shared that information with me when we ran into each other a few months later.