• 9 •

i woke up stretching my arms out in front of me. i opened my eyes looking around and noticing the room was still dark... i must've woke up too early. but i couldn't feel tom. i reached my hands around, trying to feel for tom but he wasn't there. i got off the bed and turned on the light. my eyes widened as i noticed i wasn't in toms room. i was in the hotel. i felt my heart drop. how did i get back here?

i was so caught up in my thoughts i almost didn't hear the knocking at the door. i looked over and slowly made my way around the bed, i stared at the door that didn't have a peek hole to see who's out there. "w-who is it?" i said taking a deep breath. "it's tom!" the voice yelled. i swallowed the lump in my throat but it didn't go away. i froze. the knocking happened again.

"open the door! it's me!" the man on the other side shouted. my brain was telling me no, and so was my heart. but for some reason my hand made its way to the doorknob. beginning to turn it. the knocking turned into straight up pounding making me jump back. i could hear my rapid breathing and my heart was pounding. "OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!" the voice roared. the banging was aggressive and quick.

that's when i awoke. i bolted up quickly in toms bed, in toms room, that was lit by the moonlight. i looked all around me clearly panicked. i could hear my heart beating in my head. i placed a hand on my heart and tried to slow my breathing down. i felt toms arms wrap around me. "hey hey, what's going on?" he asked in a concerned tone. i looked over at tom.

i feel like i can't breath. my mouth opens to respond but the words won't come out. "y/n, relax ok? i'm here." he pulled me close to him. tears stained my cheeks as i cuddled into tom. i felt so scared all from a dream? i feel stupid. "what's going on?" he asked snapping me out of my own mind. i took some deep breaths and swallowed hard. "i was in the hotel... and they were there. i-i was there. it felt so real. they were back. i was alone-" i began to ramble but tom cut me off.

"your with me, i'm here, your in my house, not the hotel." he said slower. he looked down into my eyes. he looked concerned, but i mean who wouldn't be? "you have to deal with this y/n... it's not healthy to keep it bottled up. that dream you had, they will only get worse the more you ignore the problem." he said and squeezed me tighter. "i'm here if you need help. so is bill. you have people who care for you y/n, you gotta stop being scared to open up to people." he kissed my head reassuringly.

at this point i had come down from my panic attack and just took toms words into consideration. i mean he is right. i've been ignoring the situation and i'm so in a rush to move on from it. i don't want it to keep me up at night or fill my brain all day. but i need to figure out how to move past it without neglecting it. "thank you tom." i spoke softly and finally wrapped my arms around him.

"let's get back to sleep ok?" he smiled to me. we laid down and tom held me close to him. he slipped his hand under my shirt and his warm hand started motions on my back. "wake me up if anything." he kissed my forehead and continued rubbing my back. "thank you tom i love you." i smiled and closed my eyes, hoping for better sleep.

*the next day*

i woke up and saw tom still asleep. i smiled and got out of bed making my way to my computer. once i had grabbed it i got comfy on the bed and set it on my lap. i turned it on, typed in the password and sighed as i went into my online classes. i saw an essay that has just been assigned, i might as well just start it now. once college is over i can start working and get out of that house.

i began my research and became very concentrated on taking notes to help me get a better idea of what to write. after a while i heard a voice making me jump a bit. "goodmorning sunshine! it is 6 in the morning and your already doing school shit." i heard tom chuckle beside me. i smile at tom. "well. i want to get everything done as soon as possible so i'm not stressing last minute." i continue typing.

"bill never told me what you wanted to do after college." he furrowed his brows moving closer to my shoulder. "well i'm in a luthier school online so i can make my own guitars and sell them online. i love building guitars, i can give them my own designs and whatnot. it's basically art." i shrug. "building guitars?! wait. how did you even get into that?" he asked genuinely curious. "well when k was younger i was very close to my grandma. she would repair guitars.

i would go into her job with her and she would show me how to do it. eventually as i got older she started letting me help and taught me more hands on. i always loved art though, and i wanted to make guitars instead of just repairing them. and when my grandma passed i got more into guitars and whatnot. so now i want to have an online business where people can put custom orders or buy the design i already make." i explained. "and i still have to make bills electric guitar. i'm still working on getting the materials and stuff but i won't be able to until i have my own place so, one goal at a time." i smiled and put my focus back into my essay.

"jesus." tom spoke. "you should be making me one not bill! i'm the one playing the guitars for this band not his singing ass." he huffed jokingly. i chuckled at tom. "he wants one all fancy to sit on his wall. i still have to finish making the blueprints for the design. your will be my next project." i kissed his head. "good." he said in a higher pitched tone.

(a/n: i thought it would b cool to have y/n be a guitar maker. 😈 like imagine making the designs and shit like. thatd b fucking cool. and no i barely know anything about how to make guitars but i'm trying my best to research this shit so i can get it as accurate as possible so pls bare with me 🙏🙏😥😥)