chapter one

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 1.01 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'come on, batman, let's go save our friend from public humiliation and a side of potential homicide'

✧༺♥༻✧

Charlotte 'Lottie' Bailey danced around her bedroom late one evening, singing her heart out to Taylor Swift, using her hairbrush as a microphone. She'd been at it ever since she got out of the shower an hour ago and was having too much fun to stop, noting the constant twirling had dried her hair.

"Say you'll remember me! Standing in a nice dress! Staring at the sunset babe!" She sang, unaware of the creaking floorboards a few feet away. "No one has to know what we do, his hands are in my- AHHHHH!" Lottie shouted as she threw her hairbrush at the unexpected intruder who just burst through her bedroom door.

"Ow. Lotts what the-?" The boy complained as he stood to full height, rubbing the side of his head where her brush had hit him.

"Stiles?! I'm gonna kill you." She threatened, looking for more weapons, settling for her copy of 'Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith' and launching it at him.

"No. Not Star Wars. Anything but Star Wars." Stiles said, catching the DVD expertly.

"If only you had reflexes like that when you play lacrosse." Lottie sassed as she sat on her bed with her arms crossed as his jaw dropped.

"Now that was uncalled for."

"No. What's uncalled for is you breaking and entering! You best have a good reason. What if I was naked?"

"Uh- well I- you-"

"Stop thinking about me naked Stiles." Lottie sighed, laughing quietly.

"You gave me a key! It's all your fault really." He tried, until he saw the unimpressed look on her face and backtracked. "I suppose I could've texted you beforehand, not that you'd have heard it, Little Miss Rockstar." Stiles smiled.

"Text me next time. Now what's so important you took ten years off my life?"

"Two joggers found a dead body in the woods. Dad left like twenty minutes ago. Come on, we've got to get Scott." Stiles explained quickly, grabbing Lottie's hand and dragging her out as she picked up her trainers on the way out.

"Dead body? Why on earth are we following? What if the guy or girl is still out there?" Lottie asked, putting on her shoes regardless, knowing she'd be following, just to keep the boys out of trouble more than anything.

"I didn't think about that to be honest. Now come on!"

The two got in the car making the short drive to the other third of their trio. Stiles played Taylor Swift in the car and sang it loudly to Lottie to make up for the scare he gave her, knowing he was forgiven when she laughed and sang it back to him.

"Now I hope you're planning on scaring Scott just as much as you scared me." Lottie plotted, smiling when she saw Stiles smirk in her direction as they parked outside their friends house.

"Oh don't you worry. I've got it all planned." She watched him climb onto Scotts porch and wait until Scott came outside, clutching a bat, having heard a creak from outside. It was going so well, until Stiles, got caught in the trellis and hung upside down in front of Scott, looking something like a pinata as Scott almost swung at him.

"Stiles? What the hell are you doing?" Scott complained.

"You weren't answering your phone." Stiles replied as if that justified him hanging from Scotts roof, which he still was. "I know it's late, but you have to hear this. I saw my dad leave like thirty minutes ago. Dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the Beacon department and even State Police."