chapter seventeen

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  2.05 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'do you think you could erase that from my dad's memory?'

✧༺♥༻✧

Lottie entered her classroom late, keeping her head down as she made her way to her usual seat beside Stiles. She'd had an ordeal in her last class, she'd forgotten an assignment and got an absolute caning from the teacher, all she wanted was for the day to be over and it'd barely begun.

Sitting next to Stiles she let out a sigh of relief when he automatically reached for her hand, sensing her stress and began stroking small circles on the back of her hand with his thumb.

"I just talked to my Dad who just talked to Jackson and I've got bad news. Terrible, horrible, very bad news." Stiles whispered to Lottie and Scott. Lottie looked up at him confused whilst Scott had already figured it out.

"I think I already know." Scott said, nodding his head to the back of the classroom. Lottie turned to see Isaac sitting at the back of class, smirking sinisterly. When he met her gaze, his smirk dropped slightly, looking sad, but the moment passed as quickly as a blink as he shook off his guilt at going against the girl that gave him shelter when he needed it most.

"Brilliant." Lottie grumbled, resting her head in her hands on the table. Before she knew it, the lesson was over and the trio were making their way down the corridor discussing the kanima.

"I only found one thing online called the Kanima. A were-jaguar from South America that goes after murderers." Stiles explained. Whilst Lottie had been at Lydia's, he had spent the night researching, for some reason he couldn't sleep, his bed just felt too big.

"What the actual fuck is a werejaguar? Why can't it ever be the Easter Bunny or something?" Lottie groaned.

"That thing wasn't a jaguar." Scott pointed out.

"And I'm not exactly a murderer." Stiles argued back.

"But you did see it kill someone. Which is probably why it tried to kill you. And probably still wants to kill you. And probably won't stop until you're dead."

"Scotty... On what planet did you think that was a good sentence to let travel from your brain to your mouth? How is that remotely helpful, my lovely?" Lottie asked sweetly.

"You know, some days I really begin to question our friendship." Stiles muttered as the trio rushed off to their next class, laughing between themselves.

As they rushed through the hallways they brushed past an anxious looking Jackson who was standing, listening as well as he could, to Erica and Isaac's conversation.

"If it's Lydia–" Isaac said, Jackson could only hear bits and pieces from each of the duo, much to his frustration.

"--during Chemistry--will she–" Erica continued.

"--he wants us to–"

"--Lottie is something too–" Erica finished. Jackson had decided he'd heard enough and scurried off to his next lesson which he knew he shared with all of the people mentioned. Hopefully he'd get some answers.

✧༺♥༻✧

Lottie laughed as she sat next to Lydia in their economics lesson, the girls discussing the films they'd been watching the other day. Both were unaware of the conversation happening behind them.

Jackson sat behind Stiles and Scott, leaning forward to gather their attention. "Hey, testicle one and two." The boys turned around grumpily. "What the hell is a Kanima?" This caught the boy's attention.