chapter eleven

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  1.11 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'you're a class a bitch that needs to get laid, fuck off and let me talk to my friend.'

✧༺♥༻✧

"Call it again." Scott instructed Lottie who picked up her phone with a sigh. Scott had lost his new phone and was tearing his room apart trying to look for it whilst Lottie sat on the floor in front of Stiles who was trying to braid her hair.

"It's not here." Stiles sang as Scott tossed pillows, blankets and lacrosse equipment all over the room, narrowly missing Stiles. "So you lost your phone. Get a new one."

"I can't afford a new one. Lottie paid for this one as it is." Scott sighed. Lottie's dad earned a fair amount being a surgeon at Beacon Hills Hospital. He gave her an eye-watering allowance to try and make up for the fact that he was never around. It didn't make up for it but it did make her life and friends lives a lot easier.

"And I'll do it again if needs be." Lottie smiled as her phone rang out.

"And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek." Scott added. Derek had been MIA again for a few days, this time Lottie wasn't so hurt after she found out he'd tried to kill Jackson and was siding with his psychotic uncle.

"Okay, A, you're not alone. You have us. And B, didn't you tell me Derek walked right into gunfire?" Stiles said, gesturing between himself and Lottie who nodded, despite the look of confusion on her face.

"Gunfire? Nobody told me about gunfire?"

"Not important. He'll survive. Argent's plan was to use him to get the Alpha. They won't kill him." Scott explained, certain Derek was alive.

"Then let them do what they're planning. They use Derek to get Peter, problem solved." Stiles suggested.

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek. I can't protect her myself. Which means I need to find Derek first. Just help me." Scott pleaded as Stiles untangled his hand from Lottie's hair and helped her up as the two began tearing through the room. "You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. Remember? When he was trying to kill you? When you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Starting to see a pattern of violent behaviour here? No? Maybe it's just me."

"He wasn't going to kill anyone. And I'm not letting him die."

"I agree. Not about the killing part, I think he could be persuaded if Peter digs his claws in deep enough. But I don't want him to die. He's not really done anything to warrant that." Lottie mused, much to Stiles' disappointment.

"Could you guys at least think about letting him die?" Stiles asked as Scott stood upright to attention.

"What?" Lottie questioned, standing up too.

"My mum's home."

"Is she okay?" Lottie asked, frowning as Scott shook his head, looking heartbroken.

"What's she doing?" Stiles asked concerned.

"She's crying." Scott muttered, his face crumbling as he sat on his bed in complete misery. Lottie took the spot next to him and wrapped her arm around him, rubbing his arm gently.

"Scott. You can't protect everyone." Stiles told the boy as Lottie glanced at him.

"I have to." Stiles looked away, not meeting Lottie's eye as he flipped his phone around in his hands nervously. It was the kind of mindless action someone does when they're struggling with a thought. But Stiles always has thoughts he struggled with, they were living amongst the supernatural. Lottie looked on in suspicion: he was hiding something. She was sure of it.