chapter thirty one

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*3.07*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"don't tell me beacon hills are now home to ghosts? i really haven't got the energy"

✧༺♥༻✧

Lottie and Isaac made their way back to the Bailey Household after the brief trip to Glen Capri - their bond tighter than ever now. "Now remember, act surprised okay?" Lottie hissed as they walked up the porch of their home.

"Who me? Surprised?" Isaac joked as he unlocked the door with the set of personalised keys Lottie had made him, fit with a plastic lacrosse stick and a dog toy. Lottie looked up to the sky and groaned.

"He's gonna kill me."

Sitting in the living room, James Bailey jumped up at the sound of the door opening, "Kids? You home?"

"No, it's a serial killing duo. Here to drain your blood." Lottie joked as she found her dad, hugging him tightly before he opened up his right arm, gesturing for Isaac to join them. The three stayed in their hug for a while until James cleared his throat.

"Kiddos, sit." He led them to their dining table, where he sat to the right of Isaac as Lottie sat to the left of him. "So, Isaac. You've been living with us for quite some time now, and I like to think we get on? Right?"

"I think so, Sir." Isaac replied sheepishly.

"For the thousandth time, please don't call me Sir, it makes me feel like a militant. I'd much rather you call me James... or maybe dad one day?" James asked hesitantly. If there was one thing James wanted, it was for Isaac to feel comfortable. He didn't want Isaac to feel like James was trying to replace his father - but he truly thought of Isaac as a son.

Reaching down under the table, James pulled out a stack of papers as Lottie grinned brightly. "Now, obviously you can say no, or maybe or hopefully yes. But, what I mean to say is. Isaac I'd very much like to adopt you. You're already my son in my eyes, this would just make it more official. If you'd like of-"

"Yes. Yes please. Uh, Si, Oui. I don't know "yes" in any other languages but I'd like that very much please." Isaac replied, not needing to act surprised as James' words took his breath away anyway. All Isaac ever wanted was to be loved and accepted - and here was a man and his daughter who had done so without hesitation. "Where do I sign?" Isaac laughed as tears fell from the entire room's eyes.

"You mean it? I don't want you to feel pressured and even if you do want this you don't have to call me dad if you don't want to. I don't want you to feel like we are erasing your past- I just want you to know that we," James reached out a hand to Lottie and held it tightly before he reached out his other hand for Isaac, smiling through tears when Isaac grabbed his hand, "we want to be your future Isaac. For forever."

"I'd like that. For forever." Isaac repeated as Lottie smiled at him, looking between her brother and her dad.

"For forever. Two of my favourite boys." Lottie repeated as the three stood and hugged each other. And just like that - with a pile of paperwork - two became three, a family.

✧༺♥༻✧

Screeching into the hospital parking lot, Lottie parked up and made her way over to Stiles who was interviewing Scott whilst Sheriff Stilinski was interviewing Melissa about two missing Doctors.

"Hold on. Were they both in the car?" Stilinski asked the group as Lottie greeted the group, tucking herself under Stiles' arm and kissing his cheek.

"No, Dad, they're trying to tell you it's two different kidnappings. Two doctors. Both gone." Stiles explained. It seemed that the next trio of sacrifices were Healers; a thought that made Lottie shiver in fear, after all, her dad was a highly respected surgeon.