chapter nine

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 1.09 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'brilliant, he's a modern day harvey-dent, complete with a sad backstory.'

✧༺♥༻✧

Strapped into the passenger seat of Derek Hale's Camaro, Lottie grabbed her phone, looking for Spotify as Stiles turned back to see the cars chasing them.

"Faster?" Scott asked.

"Much faster." Stiles replied.

"Brilliant." Lottie grinned mischievously, playing Tokyo Drift by the Teriyaki Boyz at max volume as they sped away.

The car bulleted down the road as Kate Argent chased them in hot pursuit, not giving up as Stiles threw a nervous glance at Scott who was gripping the steering wheel like a grandmother - holding it at ten and two - as Lottie screeched with excitement singing loudly.

"I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase." Stiles informed Scott.

"If I go faster I'll kill us." Scott replied nervously.

"If you don't go faster--a lot faster--they're going to kill us!" Stiles shouted back as Scott put his foot down, speeding away.

"I wonder if you know, how they live in Tokyo, if you see me, then you mean it," Lottie sang, turning in her seat, pointing a finger at Stiles who stared at her gobsmacked, "then you know you have to go, Fast & Furious."

"Who gave her the aux cord, seriously?" Stiles asked as they took a sudden turn, losing their opponents as Lottie turned the volume down, not wanting them to hear them and follow.

"That was exhilarating!" She beamed. "There's just something so fun about being in a speeding car."

"You and I clearly have different ideas of fun." Scott replied.

"All units, suspect is on foot headed north, last seen on Hancock." The radio hooked up to the car informed them, making Scott sigh as he put the car in gear and drove off again.

"Oo, what song now? Oo, 'D is for Dangerous'." Lottie squealed, blasting the Arctic Monkeys. "Who is the suspect anyway?" She asked curiously, making the boys glance nervously at each other. When they'd picked her up they may have forgotten to mention that they were rescuing Derek and that he was alive and well.

"It's a surprise." Stiles replied, shrugging and panicked when Scott looked at him in the rearview mirror.

"Good surprise or bad surprise?"

"Depends on who you ask." Scott replied.

Spinning into an industrial estate, Lottie stuck her hand out the window as Scott sped to an alleyway that was dusted in smoke, a figure on his knees on the ground as a crossbow was being loaded in front of him. The sound of the tires screeching filled her ears as Scott parked the car next to he figure, unlocking the doors and letting him climb in before they high-tailed it out of there.

"Derek?!" Lottie almost screamed as she turned in her seat looking at the man.

"What happened to Toto? I liked that one." He grunted as he slid into Stiles as they turned a corner.

"How- What? Scott, Stiles!" Lottie fumed, hating that she'd been kept out of the loop.

"We can discuss this later. What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott asked Derek as they continued to drive.

"I had him." Derek argued.

"Who? The Alpha?" Scott questioned, glancing back at the werewolf.

"He was right in front of me. And then the idiot police show up." Derek growled.