chapter twenty two

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 2.10 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'touch him again. i'll kill you. understand?'

✧༺♥༻✧

Lottie once again just wished for the night to be over, the moon was draining her, she just found out she'd been on a date with a serial killer, oh and she thought she saw the boy she's in love with slaughtered.

Scott and Stiles entered the Stilinski household with Lottie on Scott's back as Stiles ran ahead to wake his dad. Scott dropped Lottie gently on Stiles' bed as Stiles and Stilinski entered the room.

"Noah, you're gonna have to be real patient with us on this one, I promise it's the truth." Lottie sighed as she got up and hugged the older man.

"Matthew Daehler?" Stilinski asked as Stiles finished his rant and showed a picture of Matt in the yearbook.

"Yes." Stiles replied.

"This kid's the real killer?" Stilinski continued.

"Yes."

"No." Stilinski argued, shaking his head.

"Dad, everyone knows the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder. All he had to do was go through their transcripts and find out which class they all attended." Stiles fought back, determined to make his father know the truth without exposing him to the world of the supernatural.

"Except for the rave promoter, Kara. She wasn't in Harris's class." Stilinski told the trio.

"Oh yeah, that's right. So I guess they're dropping the charges against him?" Stiles quipped sarcastically, raising a brow as he father sighed.

"No, they're not dropping the charges. Which doesn't prove anything. Little Lotts, Scott, you guys believe this?" The older man asked, trusting them more than his son.

"It's not easy to explain how we know, but if you can just trust us. We know it's Matt." Scott started.

"Noah, I would never lie about something that could jeopardise your job. It's Matt, trust me." Lottie told the man sincerely, she genuinely just wanted to stop Matt and get Stilinski reinstated. He smiled fondly at the girl before turning his attention back to his son.

"He took Harris's car. He knew if the cops found tire tracks at one of the murders and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, he'd be arrested." Stiles explained.

"Fine. I'll allow the remote possibility. But give me a motive. Why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?" Stilinsnki asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles rapport.

"This should be good." Lottie mumbled, resting her head on Scott's shoulder.

"Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in years." Lottie burst out laughing, muffling the sound by putting her mouth behind Scott's back. "Okay, we don't exactly have a motive yet. But then again, does Harris?"

The trio of teens watched the ex-sheriff wrestle with the question, his eyes fixed on Matt's picture in the yearbook. He let out a reluctant sigh before looking up to the teens. "What do you want me to do?"

Scott stood up, "We need to look at the rest of the evidence." He replied hesitantly, knowing it was a long shot.

"That's all back at the station. Where I no longer work."

"Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles pleaded, looking at his father in desperation.

"Trust you?" Stilinski asked, a look of disbelief on his face.