chapter five

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 1.05 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'do you find me attractive?'
'i'm more attracted to lottie.'

✧༺♥༻✧

Walking through school Lottie noticed a boy struggling to put his books away in his clearly overstuffed locker.

"Hey!" She called out to him. Making her way over as he turned to glance nervously at her, slightly flinching at the volume. "You need some help?"

The boy paused, he wasn't familiar with Lottie, not beyond watching her force her friends in giving her piggy-backs through the hallways and the smiles she gave him whenever she saw him. Deciding it wouldn't hurt to have a friend he nodded cautiously.

"You're Isaac right? Isaac Lahey?" She asked, grabbing some of the books out of his locker and passing them to him. "I think you're in my chemistry class?"

"Yeah, that's right. And you're Charlotte?"

"Lottie will do just fine. All my friends call me that." She said, grinning up at him as she started organising his locker for him.

"But I'm not your friend?" Isaac asked, confused.

"Aren't I?" Lottie continued to smile at him. "Don't friends help each other out?" When he nodded, she carried on. "And aren't I helping you out?" He nodded again, this time a small smile started to creep onto his face. "So that would make us friends, wouldn't it?"

"I guess it does. Friend." He smiled shyly. As he turned his face towards her she noticed a bruise on the side of his temple.

"Hey, you okay? How'd you manage to bruise there?" She asked tentatively, not wanting to pry but wanting to make sure he was doing okay.

"I- uh-I fell- yeah I fell, hit my head on the bannister of the stairs." He excused, panicking as her responding silence stretched, filling the hallways.

"Okay," She hummed, "If you're sure. But if you need me or any help you call me okay?" She instructed, taking a sharpie out of her bag, rolling Isaac's sleeve up and printing her number onto his arm adding a smiley face at the end of it.

"Thank you Charlotte." Isaac replied, pausing under the blank look she gave him before correcting his mistake. "Lottie. Thank you, Lottie."

"Much better. Now, what class do you have next?'

"Art with Ms Mayberry." Isaac took his sketchbook and shut his now tidied locker.

"Perfect, I have Bio which is on the way so let's go." She smiled, linking arms with her new friend before walking down the corridors, dropping him to his class. Isaac kept looking down at the small girl, grinning at his first friend Beacon Hills High School offered him.

✧༺♥༻✧

"Did they forget my curly fries?" Sheriff Stilinski asked Stiles and Lottie as he drove the two of them home from their drive-through.

"You're not supposed to eat fries. Especially the curly ones." Stiles replied, stuffing his face as he leaned his head into the gap between the driver's seat and passenger seat. His father had insisted Lottie take the front seat whenever they were in the car, he claimed she was less of a distraction.

"I am carrying a lethal weapon. If I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries."

"You heard the man, bring him his curly fries." Lottie demanded with a fake stern face as Stilinski chuckled.