chapter ten

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  1.10 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'what are you standing there looking at me for? come on, come on. we've got a barbie movie marathon to get to!'

✧༺♥༻✧

Lottie was sitting in her art class, attempting to destress. Painting was always calming but she couldn't focus. Her canvas was a blur of blue hues, murky and dark, probably an accurate representation of her life at the minute. She let out a loud sigh.

"Wow. And here I thought you'd be happy to see me." A voice spoke with a smile.

"I'm always happy to see you Isaac.'' Lottie smiled tiredly as the boy sat down.

"At least someone is." Isaac mused, taking out his sketchbook. He began to lightly sketch Lottie out. "Don't move."

"Yes boss. How've you been? You've been awfully quiet lately."

"Same old, same old. Nothing new unfortunately. What about you? I don't mean to be rude but you look like shit." Isaac told the girl who snorted in response. He was just glad she wasn't offended.

"Wow, if I knew befriending you would have resulted in insults this early in the morning, I might've taken a second to think about it." Lottie smiled, ruffling his curls, laughing as he sent her a mock glare for moving. "But yes, I'm doing okay, just very little sleep at the minute. These bags don't come from nothing you know? You have to work for them."

"Well, I mean you don't look like shit really. You're beautiful, you just look like you're burning the candle at both ends." Isaac admitted shyly, he didn't fancy the girl, he really valued their friendship, he just wanted to make sure she was okay.

"That's probably the most accurate way of describing my life at the minute." Lottie paused taking a real look at the boy, noticing how he was slightly twitchy, ever so slightly, you wouldn't notice it unless you paid real close attention, but she did. "You sure you're okay?"

Isaac looked at the girl. It would be so easy to tell her, she'd help him, he knew she would. He wanted to desperately, but as fear and hope battled inside him fear won. He shook his head, laughing forcefully.

"Of course."

"Well you know my door is always open right? I have a spare room at mine and my dad is never home so he'd be cool with it." Lottie offered the boy. She knew something was wrong, deep down. There was just nothing she could do until he grabbed onto the hand she was holding out to him. Smiling, she stood as he handed her his sketchbook. "Wow, you're super talented. There's a competition coming up in a few weeks, you should apply. Oh and Isaac, think about my offer okay? Seriously, think about it." Lottie ruffled his hair one more time and left the room as the bell rang.

"I will. I really will." He muttered to himself as looked down at his sketchbook with a smile.

✧༺♥༻✧

"Remind me again why we are following Jackass Whittmore? It's supposed to be Superhero Saturday, I had the movie selection all planned out but no-"

"Lottie, we will still watch whatever you've got planned, we just need to make sure he doesn't drop me in the shit." Scott interrupted the girls ramble as he leaned closer to the girl as Stiles trailed behind Jacksons Porsche.

"Great! I kind of went off the typical brand and have decided it's finally time for you two to indulge me and watch the Barbie films- she's a superhero in her own right, I mean she plays so many roles. That girl is overworked and underpaid for sure and I think-"