chapter twenty seven

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 3.03 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'oh, i'm sorry. i didn't realise that being a werewolf also made you psychic! do you use a crystal ball or do you have a third eye i need to keep a lookout for?'

✧༺♥༻✧

Lottie was mid run when Scott called her, she paused to catch her breath. "Scotty? Shouldn't you be saving Boyd right now?"

"It's all gone wrong, Lotts." Scott panted down the phone, he was running she surmised. "Erica was dead, Boyd is alive and so is Derek's sister Cora apparently."

"Oh my God! Cora's alive? That's amazing. Oh I'm so happy for Toto." Lottie beamed, despite Scott saying it had all gone wrong. Derek had once gone into detail about his family with Lottie on one of their movie days, explaining that he and Cora were once very close. "Is Toto okay? This must be a lot for him." 

"I'm fine Tiny." Lottie heard Derek shout down the phone from a distance.

"Look, Lotts. The walls of the vault were made of hecatolite. It keeps the moonlight out- they hadn't shifted in months. They're stronger, more blood-hungry- they've escaped and are running wild. Allison- she- she saved us, but she knows." Scott stuttered his way through a haphazard explanation as Lottie filled in the blanks. "She knows-"

"Scotty, we'll worry about Allison later. Where are Boyd and Cora headed?" Lottie asked as she began to run again, listening out for any sounds and sniffing the air in hopes of catching a scent. Her senses were always on high alert on the full moon. Besides, as much as she loved Scott, Allison wasn't a priority right now.

"They're somewhere in Beacon Hills Reserve. But Lottie, be careful, they're gonna be out for blood. We're coming from the opposite side of the Reserve to where you'll be coming from so meet us near the campsite." Scott warned as Lottie chuckled.

"When am I ever not careful Scotty?" She laughed as he groaned down the phone at her sarcasm whilst hanging up.

Lottie continued her run, taking in the eerie sights of Beacon Hills Reserve. She faintly remembered that she once got lost in these woods alongside Stiles and Scott. Their parents were looking for them for hours, until they eventually found them playing with sticks they'd labelled 'light-sabers'. Needless to say they were all grounded for a week and had their 'musketeer meetup' privileges taken away from them. Unbeknownst to their parents though, Lottie and Stiles had walkie-talkies and kept in secret communication the entire week. She smiled at the memory.

Pausing abruptly, Lottie moved to hide in the shadows as she heard leaves crunching in the not so far distance, steadily approaching. Making a quick plan of action she took a deep breath and lunged at the figure that ran towards her, knocking them to the floor as they groaned out in pain. "Jesus, is that anyway to greet me little sis?"

"Isaac! I could've killed you, you idiot!" Lottie scolded, sending him a fierce look as she stood up, holding out a hand for him to take. "What are you doing here?"

"Scott rang, said Boyd and some girl named Cora were running wild. He also said you'd be alone after your midnight dip so naturally I headed straight here. Surprise." He finished his explanation with jazz hands held out as Lottie chuckled. They quickly did their overly-complicated handshake before nodding and setting off on their run. "So, how is the famous Ariel?" Isaac asked.

"Mayalila... is fine. But I do worry about her sometimes. She must be so lonely." Lottie sighed. It had been bugging her more and more recently how alone Mayalila was.

"Well, I'm sure you've made it plenty clear how much you want her up here. Besides you know she'll be on land eventually. Once you set your mind to something you don't stop 'til you get it." Isaac grinned down at the girl, who smiled back at him, knowing he was talking about the fact he was now living with them and practically a brother to her, as well as a son to her father. James Bailey and Isaac were like peas in a pod, the two of them got on insanely well and despite the small part of her that wished she got on with her father as well, she was glad Isaac had a healthy father figure in his life now.