chapter fifteen

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  2.03 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'talk to her like that again, touch her like that again, look at her like that again... and i'll kill you. understand?'

✧༺♥༻✧

Standing in the school gym Stiles was questioning Lottie whilst Scott and Allison were on the climbing wall. She sighed, turning to face him.

"Stiles, I passed out as soon as I got home, I don't even remember walking there. I'm sorry, it won't happen again." Lottie told him. He'd just explained the whole debacle that had happened at the Sheriff's station the other night. A guard had entered the station and tried to kill Isaac but Derek stopped him, helping Isaac escape. He was now a wanted fugitive.

"I just- I was worried about you." Stiles mumbled, fiddling with his fingers. Lottie glanced down, picking up his fingers in her hands, locking her fingers with his.

"Well I'm fine and you're fine. We're good. Okay?"

"Okay. Promise?"

"Promise." Lottie linked her pinky with his, smiling as she gazed into his eyes. "Now go be a gentleman and let Erica win." Lottie teased pushing Stiles to the wall as Scott made his way over. He'd just fallen after Allison had kicked his ankle on the wall, making her win their race.

"Did that look as embarrassing as it felt?"

"Probably worse." She grinned. Smiling as she watched Stiles climb enthusiastically, until she noticed that Erica was frozen in place, a frown settling on her lips. Stiles made his way back down and walked over to his friends. "Stiles I said let her win."

"I'd be up there forever if I let her win."

"Erica? You okay? Dizzy? Vertigo?" Coach called up to the girl.

Lydia, who was next in line with Lottie, rolled her eyes. "Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear. She's just freaking out."

"Erica!" Coach called out again.

"I'm fine!" Erica shouted back, still not moving.

"Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know she's epileptic." Allison suggested, taking a step over to the man who groaned aloud, throwing his hands in the air.

"She is? Why the hell doesn't anyone tell me these things? Erica, you're good. Push off. I'll ease you down." But Erica won't move. She's completely frozen in fear.

Lottie rolled her shoulders and a determined look settled on her face. Stepping up to the wall, she left the safety harness on the floor and began to climb. "Lottie! My insurance won't cover this. Get down and get your gear on!" But Lottie ignored it, climbing expertly until she reached Erica.

"Hey Erica, I'm Lottie. I'm gonna help you okay? You need to push gently okay? Just-"

"I don't need your help!" Erica spat out, frustrated at the attention and crowd, embarrassed by the kind girl's help. Erica had always thought Lottie was perfect and she hated it. She wanted to be like her so bad, and yet there she was unable to climb or move with a harness and Lottie comes to save the day, not a harness in sight. Determined to get out of there Erica finally pushed off the wall, leaving Lottie alone, suddenly feeling very stupid. Slowly she made her own way back down to be greeted with the snickers that trailed after Erica as she left the room hurriedly.

"Lottie! I don't know whether to be impressed by your skill or furious that you could've cost me my job!" Coach said as he walked over to Lottie.

"Just be impressed. It'll save us both time and detention." Lottie grumbled, walking off to the locker rooms, she could feel her heartbeat rising as she grew more and more annoyed at Erica's treatment towards her, she was only trying to help.