chapter sixteen

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  2.04 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'look, i love beacon hill's very own romeo and juliet more than anybody, but i have done way too much cardio already this year. no more my friend. no more.'

✧༺♥༻✧

Reaching the lakes of Beacon Hills, Lottie looked around the area before stripping off quickly and diving headfirst off of the short pier leading into the water.

The change was easier this time, still particularly uncomfortable and borderline agony as her skin fused together and her legs became a tail, but not as bad or as frightening as the first time. She swam around, flipping her fin with a smile, her excitement of being a siren taking over for the first time since the bite. She stopped in her tracks when she heard laughter. Turning around she spotted Mayalila.

"Mayalila! How are you?" Lottie asked as she swam over to the woman with a grin.

"I've been well. I see you have become more comfortable with your new life." Mayalila grinned at the girl, bringing her close for a hug.

"It's taking some adjustment but I'm getting there. I can control my claws really well now. And I've been having baths literally everyday so I can try and transform smoother and less painfully. My eyes changing I struggle with when I'm angry though. That's part of the reason I've come to visit. My anger." Lottie admitted bashfully, looking at the lake floor. Mayalila reached forward and tipped the young girl's head back up.

"Charlotte. You have gone from a normal human life to being thrust into the world of the supernatural and have become a part of it yourself. You aren't a being that you are familiar with. You are one out of two left in this world. You are doing tremendously. Don't be ashamed of a bit of anger."

"It's not just a bit of anger though. The slightest thing sets me off. Well not the slightest thing." Lottie began.

"Explain. Maybe I can offer some insight."

"This girl. She's recently become a part of Derek's pack. New werewolf. She hurt Stiles. He's my best friend and I lo-" Lottie stopped, shocked at the words about to come out of her mouth, shaking herself slightly she continued, "Anyway, she hurt him, not in a life-threatening way but she knocked him out. He's human, I don't want him hurt and I know his chances have increased tenfold being in this world but if I can stop it? I will. Nobody is going to hurt him." Lottie admitted with a determined look on her face as Mayalila smiled in her direction.

"How long have you been in love with this Stiles?" She smirked as Lottie blanched.

"What? Wha- I'm not- No he's my best friend." Lottie spluttered until she sighed resigned at the knowing look on Mayalila's face. "Fine. I may have a tiny crush on Stiles. It came out of nowhere. I just- I really do care for him. More than a friend."

"He's a lucky boy then if he's got you fighting his corner. He'll be okay. What happened after you found out he got hurt?"

"I went to her house, waited for her, then beat the shit out of her?" Lottie grinned embarrassed. "Look, my issue isn't what I did, it's the fact I don't regret it. Am I a bad person?" She asked, throwing her arms up in the water.

"Are you a bad person for defending your friend? Charlotte you beat the girl up, you didn't kill her." Mayalila tried to comfort.

"No I didn't. But I did threaten to if she ever touched Stiles again. And then compelled her to forget I was ever there and that she couldn't remember what happened." Lottie groaned.

"Oh. Well that's maybe not what I meant when I talked about compelling and mind control but I mean you've covered yourself so well done." Mayalila smiled awkwardly.