chapter thirteen

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  2.01 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'as much as I'm sure you and a lot of other guys in this building would love for me to take my clothes off... I'm not into voyeurism.'

✧༺♥༻✧

Standing in the bathroom of her hospital room, Lottie stared numbly at her reflection. She was fine. She was fine. She was-

So she wasn't fine. The after effects of her ordeal started to kick in as Stiles and Scott went to check on Lydia and she was left alone with her thoughts. The doctor had come in and offered her a shower before she left and as she entered the bathroom all air left her lungs. She couldn't get in the water. She couldn't even turn on the tap.

"Come on. You're being stupid. You didn't die. Turn on the fucking faucet." She muttered to herself as she reached over, only to freeze mid air as flashbacks hit her hard. Cold icy water choking her, weeds wrapped around her neck cutting off the little air supply that wasn't tainted with water. She should be dead. How wasn't she dead?

The bite. The bite that neither Scott nor Stiles mentioned. Feeling her breath become short at the memory of the weeds around her neck she began clawing at it, feeling the bandage covering her wound. Ripping and unravelling it, she made her way back to the mirror to assess the damage.

There in all its glory was the bite. It was healing. It was much more faded than she'd expected but it was still there and leaking a green pus-like substance with blue weed-like vines crawling under the skin. Cringing away as she poked it, she re-wrapped her neck loosely. She'd deal with that and the boys another time.

Taking a deep breath she grabbed her hair-tie and threw her hair up into a bun, changing into the spare clothes Scott had brought for her, and made her way back to her hospital room. There she found Stiles sitting with a bunch of 'Get Well Soon' balloons and a huge smile on his face.

"For you." He beamed in her direction, walking over and shoving the balloons clumsily in her face.

"Thank you? But I am better. I'm fine." She lied as she took the balloons off of him with a chuckle. "Are you okay?"

Nodding he sat back down on the chair by her bed. "I'm just glad we found you. That- that was the most nerve-wracking couple of hours of my life."

"Well, lucky for you, I'm here for the long haul." She grinned, not thinking about the greeny-blue looking bite on her neck. "Doc has signed my discharge papers so we are good to go. Shall we check on Lydipad before we head home?" She asked as she made to pick up her bag. Stiles beat her to it, carrying both her bag and the balloons so she'd walk freely.

"Yeah, she woke up like ten minutes ago so she's not having any visitors yet but we can just sit in the waiting room." Stiles exited the room and led the way, plopping down into one of the chairs in the waiting room, waiting for Lottie to sit before laying across the row of chairs and resting his head in Lottie's lap, sighing in relaxation when she ran her fingertips across his scalp.

"Have a nap Stiles, you've been up all night. I'll wake you when we can see her." Lottie soothed as his eyes fluttered shut. She smiled down at him as he drifted straight off to sleep, snoring lightly. Something tight pulled in her stomach as she looked at him.

An hour or so had passed by the time Stiles started muttering in his sleep, obviously having one of those fun dreams he'd kept mentioning to Scott. Burying his head further into Lottie's lap he started to mumble.

"Yeah... just like that. No, you first. Me first?" Lottie looked down, torn between laughing and being mildly concerned as he was very obviously having a sex dream whilst his head was borderline in her crotch.