chapter twenty-six

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 3.02 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'firstly, it's charlotte to you. we are not friends, not acquaintances - i despise the air you breathe and the fact we are sharing oxygen right now makes me wish I was six feet under.'

✧༺♥༻✧

"All I'm saying is, if this 'Heather' girl doesn't play any Taylor Swift I'm gonna commit a heinous felony? What is so wrong about that?" Lottie asked as she swung both Stiles' and Scott's hands as they walked on the sidewalk of a quiet suburban road. Stiles scoffed at the girl as Scott sent a small grin her way.

"Lotts, I love Taylor, you know I do. But not everyone else does and the chances of Heather blasting 'White Horse' at a house party is slim to none. I don't want you to get your hopes up." Stiles tried to reason - of course forgetting for a moment that his girlfriend was the self-proclaimed biggest Swiftie.

"Stiles, baby." Lottie started, releasing Scott's hand to stand in front of Stiles and stop him from walking. "There isn't any length I won't go to for Ms Taylor. If nobody plays Taylor, I'll just make them." She grinned, flashing her white eyes at the boy who rolled his eyes fondly at the girl, until he saw the forlorn look on Scott's face. Lottie turned to the boy and swiftly grabbed his hand again, making him grin slightly.

"What?" Stiles asked.

"What do you mean 'what?'" Scott replied, slightly confused as usual.

"I mean what. And you know what." Stiles continued, pausing the group once again to focus on the matter of Scott's downtrodden mood. "The look you were giving- there was a distinct look."

"What look?"

"The one that says the last thing you feel like doing is going to a party." Lottie laughed, squeezing the boy's hand.

"It's not that. I just feel a little weird going to a different high school's party. Like I'm gonna stick out."

"One drink and you'll be bouncing off the walls. I went to nursery with this girl. She's promised to introduce us to everyone. Besides, you need a break from Allison. So, no Allison. You're moving on." Stiles decided for the werewolf, trying to be supportive as he began to tug Lottie along, frowning when she let go of his hand and nodded for him to continue for a moment.

"Scotty, if you really wanna leave, we'll just let Stiles show his face and then we can go and have a movie marathon or something okay? There's no pressure for you to move on overnight. You move on if and when you are ready okay?" Lottie reassured as Stiles walked ahead and stood waiting for them on the doorstep.

"Thanks Lotts. Love you. You always know what to say." Scott thanked his best friend as he wrapped his arms around her small frame. "I think it's time to try and move on though."

"Then move on we shall!" Lottie cheered as they reunited with Stiles who smiled at his favourite people.

"Onward and upward!" Stiles chimed in as Scott looked between the two sheepishly.

"How's my breath?"

"Doggish." Lottie grinned mischievously as Scott sent her a deadpan look. "Oh, come on. It's been forever since I made a dog joke. Besides, if you think I'm actually putting my nostrils anywhere near your mouth, you're sorely mistaken."

"I'm not smelling your breath." Stiles retorted as Scott turned to look at him.

"Well, do you have any gum?"

"Oh my God. Scotty if your breath smelt, I'd smell it! Especially since we're closer to a full moon. You're good! Now can we get off this porch? I'm freezing!" Lottie whined as she shivered.