chapter twenty five

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*3.01 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'well, fuck me sideways.'

✧༺♥༻✧

Standing under the fluorescent lights of the tattoo parlour, Lottie felt her stomach buzz with excitement as she flipped through the book of flash designs whilst the burly tattoo artist mused over Scott's poorly drawn sketch. She was going to get a small tattoo, she was too excited to leave without one.

"Good thing you drew me a picture." The tattoo artist retorted sarcastically as he looked at the two black lines on the wrinkled piece of paper, one thicker than the other.

"He's a real Picasso huh?" Lottie grinned from her seat on a spinning stool, gesturing for Stiles to come over and spin her around which he did before glancing at a page in the flash book with a grin.

"Sure you don't want something like this?" He asked Scott who was sitting in the tattoo chair, with a look of distaste on his face at the design Stiles held up. On the page was a traditional style lizard with claws and a particularly familiar looking tail. "Too soon?" Stiles queried as Lottie swotted the book out of hands, replacing the book with her own hands as she linked her fingers with his, smiling softly when he placed a soft kiss on top of her head.

"I'm just saying, I don't know, dude. These things are pretty permanent. At least Lotts has a real meaning to her idea. I mean what does this represent for you?" Stiles asked. Lottie scoffed, squeezing her boyfriend's hands.

"Stiles, tattoos don't have to have meaning. I mean, I'm getting mine because I think it looks nice, it's just a bonus it has a meaning." She scolded as Stiles let go of her hands and made his way over to Scott.

"Getting a tattoo means something. It doesn't have to be deeper than that." Scott explained, smiling when the tattoo artist agreed with him.

"He's right. Tattooing's been going on for thousands of years. The Tahitian word tatua means "to mark something." Like a rite of passage." The artist who Lottie had learnt was called Bobby, explained to the trio.

"See, he gets it?" Scott smiled.

"He's covered in tattoos. Literally."

"And he looks awesome." Lottie sang out, high-fiving Bobby who smiled and shook his head the girl.

"Can we get started?" The tattoo artist asked, sighing in relief when Scott nodded. "You don't have a problem with needles do you?"

"Nope." Lottie glanced at Stiles, already expecting the inevitable.

"I'm a little squeamish, so I might just-" Stiles started, cutting himself off as he passed out, landing clumsily in Lottie's arms as she caught him, gently lowering him to the floor, keeping his head in her lap as she ran her fingers through his newly grown out hair gently.

"How did you-" Scott asked, trying to remain distracted.

"Scotty, this is Stiles. Are you really asking how I know?"

"Very true."

"Ooo. Becca! You're back! Let me just put my jacket under Stiles' head and then we can start!" Lottie cheered quietly, as she greeted her tattoo artist. Quickly Lottie was in her own tattoo chair and breezing through her tattoo, it was perfect. Before she knew it she was all done and wrapped up as Stiles came too. Now they just had to wait for Scott.

"I missed you getting tattooed?" Stiles pouted as he sat up slowly.

"You did, but you'll see it soon enough." She grinned at him as he turned red, knowing she'd got the tattoo on the side of her hip. "I love it."