chapter six

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 1.06 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'i'd like to have made a pros and cons list in my new sparkly gel pens, but stiles said we didn't have enough time.'

✧༺♥༻✧

"And you can't carry more than two bags because?" Scott asked Lottie as they made their way through the dark car park. She'd gone with him to help him with his grocery shopping and whilst she loved shopping, of any kind, she hated carrying it.

"Because I have two hands and human strength. You have two hands and super wolfie powers." She smiled sweetly as he laughed. He looked around the crowded car park before swearing under his breath. "You've lost the car haven't you?" Lottie groaned.

"No... I've just misplaced it." Scott replied unsurely as he walked up and down the car park. "Here take these." He said, shoving four more bags onto her arms, laughing as she stumbled under the weight. Putting the rest of the bags on the floor, he took the car keys out of his pocket and started pressing the unlock button, trying to hear the car or spot its lights.

"Fuck." Lottie grunted as she dropped one of the bags and a bottle of milk rolled out, placing the bags on the ground. She went after the milk as Scott laughed, watching the milk roll under a car.

"Melissa you're lucky I love you." She mumbled as she got on the ground, reaching under the car for the bottle, only to freeze when the bottle came rolling back to her. "Scott." Whispering under her breath, knowing he'd hear, he grabbed her hand and dragged her into a light jog away from the milk and their groceries. Turning back they notice a looming figure running at them on all fours. Their jog turns into a full on sprint, Lottie trying to hold in a scream.

As they turn a corner, Scott drags Lottie behind a pillar, pulling her to his chest trying to control his heartbeat only to become too aware of her heartbeat which was thumping erratically. A deep growl echoed in the parking garage. Thinking quickly, Scott turned Lottie to face him.

"Wait here. I have an idea." Leaving before she could start her rant about why that was a terrible idea.

"What? Split up? Great, I'm dead." She mumbled watching Scott jump across the cars, leaping from one to another, setting off alarms all over the place.  Making his way back to Lottie he hides the two of them between two cars, hiding Lottie behind him as she tries to control her breathing which was becoming shorter and shorter. It seemed they were in the clear... until Scott's phone rang. Lottie tackled him to the floor, trying to switch his phone off when a shadow encased the two of them.

"You're dead." Derek said bluntly. Lottie looks up at the voice and then back at Scott, before a fierce look settles on her face. Standing slowly she walked over to Derek, shoving a finger into his chest.

"No. You know who is dead? You! You sick fuck! What the fuck was that about? What have I ever done to you for you to knock off at least seven years off my life? I might have assisted in getting you arrested but this -" She rants, pointing between the three of them "- unacceptable, Slinky. Un-Accept-Able." She enunciated.

"In my defence I didn't know you'd be here." Derek replied, holding his hands up in defence.

"Nope, I don't want to hear it. Scott, where are the groceries? I deserve a packet of gummy worms. Stat." Lottie asked rhetorically as she made her way back to the shopping.

"She's right though. What the hell was that?" Scott asked as they began to walk through the car park.

"I said I was going to teach you. I didn't say when." Derek replied.