Chapter 49 (Softy Malhotra)

Inline comments please....

Manik dragged Nandini to the terrace of the college. Nandini didn't said anything but let him dragged her. After reaching there Manik sat on some high bench which was there and pulled Nandini towards him. Nandini was standing between his legs.

Manik took her hand which one was Sidharth holding. There was a light red marks you could see. Manik's all focus was on her marks and Nandini was silently watching him. Manik was carefully rubbing his thumb on the mark. He looked angry.

Manik:- I told you to stay away from him. See what have he done now.

Manik was looking worried mix with anger. Nandini first time saw something other than anger on his face that for her. Manik pulled her wrist to his lips and kissed it softly.

Manik:- Why don't you listen to me?

Manik looked at her. Nandini was still looking at him. Manik with other hand cupped her cheek.

Manik(softly):- Nandini!

Nandini:- Why are you so difficult to understand Manik?

Manik smiled softly. Nandini heart skipped a beat.

Manik:- You are saying that?

Nandini:- I don't have any super power that I will know your inner voice.

Manik laughed and pulled her more towards him. Held her waist with one hand and other was still cupping her cheek.

Manik:- I would be surprised if you have.

Nandini looked angry.

Nandini:- It's not funny Manik.

Manik:- Wow my cat have claws also. That's interesting.

Nandini looked other way angrily. Manik gently held her chin and made her looked at him again.

Manik:- Hey, I was joking.

Manik took a deep breath and held her both hand.

Manik:- Nandini just listen to me. I am doing all this for you. Just trust me. I will make everything fine. Hold yourself for me. Just stay away from Sidharth.

Nandini jerked his hand away and took few steps back from him. Manik was shocked.

Nandini:- Why should I listen to you? Who am I to you?

Manik got up and tried to held her hand but Nandini step back.

Manik:- Nandini!

Nandini:- I need an answer Manik. You always can't threat me like that. Whenever you want you can't push or pull me.

Tears started gathering in her eyes.

Nandini:- I didn't forget Manik how you insult me and my love for you. Few days ago you couldn't tolerate me and hurt me more. Now you are being so caring and loving towards me. I am a human being. I have feelings also. I am not a toy that you can play and toss around.

Manik:- You are not a toy Nandini.

Nandini:- Then who am I to you Manik?

Manik was quite. Tears started rolling from her eyes.

Nandini:- See you don't have answer. I had enough Manik. Talk to me when you are sure about your feelings.

Nandini wiped her tears and run away from there. Manik run his fingers in his hair. He looked mad on himself.

Manik:- You again messed up Manik.

Manik kicked near by bench.

Manik:- It's not like I don't have answer. It's just not the right time. I am dangerous for you Nandini.