CHAPTER 21

Donny's POV

I paced back and forth waiting for Leighton to come out the hospital since I was no longer permitted inside. The more I paced the more angry I became. I was angry that Brady told her about my current situation, angry that I cheated in the first place, and even more furious that Leighton still hasn't retreated outside the building away from that asshole although she now knew the truth.

I was contemplating sneaking back into the E.R when blonde hair bouncing in the wind caught my attention. Leighton stormed into the cool night air with tears running down her face. I grabbed her arm mind racing for an excuse that would make her stay. "I can explain" was resting on the tip of my tongue when she roughly shook my hand away. I stared dumfounded as she continued to walk off into the street. It was then that I noticed the headlights on her and the car speeding in her direction.

"Leighton!" I yelled running trying to warn her to get out the way.

She stopped mid step and whirrled around wearing the most hurt expression I've ever seen on her endlessly happy face.

"What the hell else do you have to-"

The car crashed into her side.

It all seemed to happen in slow motion after that.

Her body flying into the windshield shattering it much like my heart when I realized what has happened.

"Leighton" I yelled again on the verge of tears.

Her body limply rolled to the ground while I forced my body to move.

"Help! Someone! Please.." I yelled as the barricades restricting my tears broke and the warm water fell solomly down my face.

I held her body in my hands checking for breathing  while people came  to assist me.

Emotions battled  inside me until I desided  I had to know who may have killed the one person I loved.

I raced to the drivers side of the car to find the deployed airbag exhale and reveal a familiar  face.

My sanity seemed  to rinse away as recognition washed  over me.

"No no no no!" I cried grasping my hair in an attempt  to contain my rage boiling to the surface.

Behind the wheel  sat Michael , Brady's  foster father.