CHAPTER 2

Leighton's POV

At lunch it was pure chaos. Someone from the popular table invited Brady to sit with us and it was hard to eat with this gorgeous boy gawking at me. I put my fork down and glanced over at Donny. Donny watched him with so much hatred in his eyes that if he had superpowers, Brady would've been burnt to a crisp from the stare.

Everyone at our table asked Brady a million questions at a time keeping him occupied enough to not talk to me. He answered them modestly until Donny got on a touchy subject.

"So when you going back to jail?" Donny asked not caring about the hushed silence that fell over the table.

"Better yet..." he continued letting his spoon clatter to the tray and looked up at a quiet Brady.

"..Did you drop the soap?" he finished smirking then out right laughing.

Brady looked like a tomato.

"No I didn't. Excuse me." he said calmly although his fists shook as he restrained himself from punching Donny.

He got up from the table and walked out the cafeteria. I felt so responsible and humiliated for Donny's actions that I got up and followed him.

"Hey Brady, wait up." I called as I picked my speed up to a slow jog.

He didn't slow down, so when I caught up to him, he was resting his forehead on a locker waiting for me.

"I'm so sorry Brady." I said cautiously touching his arm.

"It's whatever Leigh, you didn't do anything." He said not looking at me.

I tried not to blush at the nick name and stood there awkwardly for what felt like all of my lunch period. He finally looked up at me.

"Hey Leighton." he said a sparkle in his bright green eyes.

"Yes Brady?" I said looking up at him through thick eyelashes.

"Umm...Everyone tells me about how your the smartest in all your classes and...I was wondering....if maybe you could..like... tutor me." He said looking towards his feet.

I thought about my future. About how this boy with tattoos would fit into.

"Well ummm I don't know Brady." I said rubbing my arms unable to meet his eyes.

"Please!" he begged holding me tightly by my shoulders.

I thought about how selfish I was being. Helping Brady bring up his grades can't hurt right?

I smiled at him. "If I say yes will you loosen your grip on me?" I asked through giggles.

A faint blush came across his face but just as quick as it came, it was gone.

"Yea I promise." he said giving me his boyish grin that revealed his dimple.

"Then yes I'll help you." I said and watched as his hands dropped to my waist and pulled me in closer.

"Is this loose enough for you?" he asked in a husky voice.

I stood there silently unable to make my mouth work. The way he looked at me through his hair, the way his pink lips were inches away from mine, his entire body language, begged me to kiss him.

That was when the bell rang ripping me out of his trance. He let go of my hips and took a step back from me resuming his friendly distance.

"See you in class Leighton. I gotta get some stuff from my locker." he said then throttled in the opposite direction.

I stood there still in shock.

I almost cheated.