Choosing Between the Two

Leighton 's POV

I walked through the halls being bulldozed by gossip about the new kid. From all the rumors I've heard he's a bad ass, and I don't need those in my life.

You see I wasn't your normal popular. I still had goals that traveled outside of high school and I'm not willing to let anyone get in between them.

I got to class and daintily took my seat next to Donny. I had to admit Donny looked cute in a blue outfit that perfectly set off his dark blue eyes.

"Hey gorgeous." he said when I was settled.

"Hi baby." I replied returning his bright sunny smile.

We were leaning in for a kiss when Nick rudely interrupted with more talk of the new kid.

"Hey Jones, did you meet the new kid yet? I heard he's been to jail for robbing a store and killing the manager!" he obnoxiously ranted, sitting in the chair across from Donny cowboy style.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh don't be so naive. And you know I hate when you call me that." I said turning to face him.

"Ok fine Leighton." he began exaggerating my name. " I'm not being naive I'm just being curious. Come on think about it. How cool would it be to be friends with a bad ass."

And I did think about it. I thought about how this bad ass would get us all arrested. About how my plans to get rich would be destroyed. About how this boy would ruin my life with his very existence.

I shuddered at the thought.

I was about to make a smart comment when a boy strolled into class taking in the scenery.

He was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans and a white plaid button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Both arms were covered in tattoos from wrist to elbow. I licked my lips as my gaze drifted upwards to view his baby pink lips, dark brown hair, and snake piercings.

I hadn't realized I was sizing him up until I caught his eyes and noticed he had been staring directly at me. I blushed a furious pink and looked away.

"Guys I think that's him." Nick whispered.

"Shit why is he coming over here?" Donny asked and my heart rate picked up at those words.

Why was he coming?

"Hi." the boy flashed a million dollar smile once he reached my desk.

I looked around before meeting his eyes.

"Me?" I questioned and pointed at myself.

"Yea you." he said smirking taking my hand.

He brought it to his lips and lightly kissed it before I quickly slipped it out of his reach.

"Um..Hi. I'm Leighton." I said nervously folding my hands on my lap.

"Brady." he said with a head nod.

I was lost in his eyes that were as green as grass when a chair was loudly scooted back snapping me out of my daze.

"And I'm Donny...Her boyfriend. This is Nick." Donny said toughly and Brady held out a hand for him to pound.

Donny looked at his hand and disregarded it allowing Brady's fist to fall stiffly at his side.

"Mind if I sit here?" Brady directed towards the seat next to me.

"Nah it's fine." I said trying to keep my cool.

As he took the seat next to me I knew this was going to be a long period.