CHAPTER 24

Donny's  POV 

Its been 2 weeks since the incident. Leighton is in a coma and  i am in an interrogation room giving my statement. I stare up at the ceiling  fan that spins slowly creating more dust bunnies than breeze.

"So tell me Donny... how did you know Brady was in the hospital?" The interrogator  asked drawing my attention away from the ceiling and away from my thoughts.

"A friend told me." I stated plainly.

The room was a generic as seen on TV sort of thing. There was a two way mirror and one single lamp lighting the room. The detective slammed his hands on the table I was seated at.

"I don't have time for games mr. Donahue." He announced and for a split second I pondered if there was actually a hidden camera somewhere because this was oh so predictable.

I let out a soft chuckle and slouched back in my seat. "You can't be serious." I said. "I thought I was supposed to be giving my statement about Brady Boston's dipshit of a father who ran over my girlfriend."

"Donny can you watch your mouth and be more cooperative? You may be put in jail for attempted murder." My lawyer spoke catching me off guard.

Predictability flew out the window.

"What?! Why? Becoming a little heated towards that guy isn't  what i would consider attempted murder."

"According to my notes Brady was not only beaten but also knocked off his motorcycle by a car. Do you own a red car?" The interrogator questioned.

"Yes but it wasn't  me i swear  you can check for blood or DNA Or whatever. You guys do that sort of thing right?" I jumped to my defense becoming nervous now that my life was on the line.

"Yes we do but you could have very well cleaned everything by now. You've had more than enough time..." He trailed off.

There was nothing left for me to say. I've  had an immense amount of hatred for  Brady ever since he's gotten here but I wouldn't kill the guy. Blackmail sure. Fight him maybe but not murder him. And that's not exactly something I could tell this detective without incriminating myself further.

"You've got to believe me I-"

"I believe the facts. And all the facts point towards you. You blackmailed Brady. Maybe you felt he would tell your little girlfriend the truth. Maybe you didn't like that he had feelings for her. So you set out to shut him up for good."

"But I didn't do anything. Sure I told him I would share his secret if he shared mine but that's all. I didn't try to run him over."

"Well I guess we'll find out soon enough won't we. I sent a team to analyze your car for evidence."

"Then you'd be looking in the wrong place." A familiar voice emerged as the door swung open and heels clicked in.

"And how could you possibly know that?" The detective asked.

She looked over at me sure to keep eye contact.

"Because it was me. I hit Brady with my car."

Authors note
Hey guys I'm so so so so sorry for not updating for so long. I've been going through some personal things but I'm here and I'm back for good. Thanks for sticking with me I will now be updating regularly.