CHAPTER 23

Brady's  POV 

Hana's words  replayed over and over in my head. Why did he hit her? What is he even doing  here? I couldn't  tear my eyes away from the scene. I didn't  even realize we returned to my room until  a door was shut in my face.

I turned around dumbfounded  and was met by two pairs of emotionless brown eyes staring at me intently.

"Hello Mr. Boston we are here to discuss  the attack on your step father." The taller of the two with brown hair stated standing to shake my hand.

"What?" I asked highly confused.

"Michael  contacted the police he said you attacked him in his yard after having a fight in school." The second blonde haired man explained reading the report off his notepad.

"What the fuck? Attacked him?! Do you see the bandage on my head?" I yelled outraged "I was the one who was attacked! He even ran over my friend not two minutes ago!" I screamed at the investigators aggrivated that Michael was actually trying to weasel his way out of this.

"Please calm down sir." The blonde responded looking very afraid as he reached for what i presumed  to be his gun.

The tall guy, feeling less threatened took a look outside my hospital room door and returned after seeing both Michael  and Leighton being wheeled through the hallways.

"Ahem." He sounded upon his return. "I understand your anger but Michael   claimed to have been hit in the head and was on his way to this hospital. His head  injury  may have very well  contributed to his reckless  driving. Due to your  past record whatever  you have to say wont be very palible but we're  here to give you a chance to confess." He retaliated in Michael's  defense  and i found myself cursing his very existence.

I was about to let him have it when just then the door burst open and aunt Melissa  came in clutching  her side and waving her free arm.

"Not another word Brady. Dont tell these guys anything, we will be discussing it in court. How dare you try to force a confession out of a minor right after he had head surgery of all times." She scolded the men shooing them from my room.

Once they were gone Melissa  turned and embraced me in a hug.

"Aunt Mel? Why are you here? Do you want a doctor?" The questions  came tumbling out once they were gone.

"A simple 'Hi I'm glad to see you' would have been fine." She replied with a light laugh.

I took a moment to observe her.

She was dressed in jeans and a sweater with brushed hair. She was still holding her side where Michael kicked her during her last beating and her bruised face was being shown off like a badge. Despite all that she was wearing a smile on her face.

"I am happy to see you but you're  hurt and outside which is kind of a surprising sight. Seriously do you want me to call a nurse?" I said defending my many questions.

"Not just this minute Brady, let me see you." She stated before probing my face.

"I'm so glad you're ok." She said after a beat of silence. "I think you being hurt and in trouble is what made me take a cab over and protect you after you've tried so hard to sheild me from Michael. He is trying to put you in jail and take you away from that girl you're so into. Where is she by the way?" Melissa's story came pouring out.

I took a deep breath before explaining  the news that Michael  hit her with his car and they are both going to operated on soon.

"It'll  all be fine, dont you worry. When you get out next week we're  gonna talk to the cops and put that man in a cell where he belongs." She stated sprinkling faith over my un-hopefulness.

I hugged her once more.

"Now call that nurse before I crumble away on the floor."