CHAPTER 8

Donny's POV

"Wassup bro." Carlos said calling me over at gym.

He was already warming up getting ready for sprints.

"Wass good Delgado." I said slapping my best friend a high five.

"Nothing much just kind of pissed." He responded, his eyes drifting off into another direction.

I followed his gaze and found Brady talking to the cheerleaders which happened to include my Leighton.

"Jailbait got to you too huh?" I said shaking my head at the nickname and dug my heels into the dirt.

"Hell yeah Donny. He's over there flirting with my crush." Carlos said sucking his teeth in disgust.

I took another glance and sure enough Delilah was over there showing off her flexibility. She was kind of a ho around boys but I knew Carlos genuinely liked her so didn't mention it. Guy code rule 4: Never talk shit about your bro's crush. Instead I changed the subject to my own reason for hatred towards Brady.

"I know man, he's like the whole reason me and L.J had that fight and broke up. Luckily your plan was foolproof and I got her back." I stated happy that I didn't loose her.

"I know right, just give them flowers and rings. Bitches love being wifed up." Nick said chuckling as he approached us.

I gave him a glare and he quickly added "Not that Jones is a bitch or anything."

There was an awkward silence until Nick cleared his throat and spoke again.

"Jailbait isn't such a bad guy. I have 3 classes with him and he's actually pretty cool. I don't understand why we can't be friends with 'em." Nick said praising him like some saint.

"Well you fag, we can't be friends with him because your man crush is taking all the girls." Carlos said before him and I burst out in laughter.

"Ha ha ha. Very funny. But seriously guys. If he's getting girls and we're his friends, then we'll get girls too." he justified.

We quietly contemplated this idea.

"Well Leighton did want me to be nice to him." I said considering Nick's new reasoning.

"Great, it's settled then. Go invite him to the party you're throwing on Saturday." Carlos interjected and began shoving me across the field before I could say no.

I gave them both the finger and turned to walk towards Brady.

"Hey Jailbait, over here." I said gesturing to the football tucked under his arm.

He threw it with enough force for me to feel his anger from the nickname.

"Donny!" Leighton scolded.

"What? Just innocent guy humour." I chuckled.

"So Brady, I have a party this Saturday, you should come through, wadaya say?" I asked confidently.

"I don't know. Maybe." he said plainly before walking off to the bleachers.

I shrugged my shoulders in response.

"You lady's are invited too." I said and jogged back over to my friends.

The plan was set into action.