CHAPTER 15

BRADY'S POV

"Are you serious? Brady Boston, its not that hard! TEAC. Topic sentence, evidence, analysis, and conclusion." Leighton yelled receiving a shush from the teacher in charge of lunch study.

Truth was she was absolutely sexy when she got mad and I had memorized the mental note 20 minutes ago.

"Don't worry Leigh babe I got this. Can I please go pick out a book now."  I pleaded with her and watched her eyes soften as she gave in.

"Ugh go and hurry up. I hate you so much." she stated crossing her arms.

I laughed at her pettiness and began to walk to the door.

"You're such a bad liar Leighton. We both know you love me." I retaliated before heading down the hall.

It was pretty quiet in the library but considering that most teens enjoy hanging out during lunch and not studying that was expected. I strolled up and down the book aisles. After glancing at the endless line of titles I decided that the librarian would be my best bet.

"Excuse me ms..." I paused to glace at her name tag." Susie. I was wondering if u had a book recommendation." I finished giving her my million dollar smile.

"Well cutie I think the best book would be bodega dreams you could find it over there by the tables." Susie said directing me to the bookcase farthest from the entrance.

I slowed down and scanned the B's when I heard a familiar voice.

"What do you mean you're pregnant." I heard a  frustrated Donny whisper.

I removed a book from the shelf to get a look at who he was talking to.

" It's yours I know it is." Katherine explained.

I dropped the book I was holding in response.

Their eyes shot back to look at me and I sprinted out the door disregarding the calls of the librarian.

I arrived back in the hall breathless and heard foot steps pounding the floor close behind. I looked up to find Donny closing in.

" Listen dude you can't tell Leighton." he said as he got closer.

"What? She has to know. She's my best friend." I protested

"Well last time I checked you didn't tell your 'best friend' about getting abused...or the reason you went to jail a second time." he stated codly.

"H-How did you know?" I stuttered caught off guard by the information.

"You have different bruises everyday and since when does the bad ass have a curfew? I'm not stupid Brady, I did my studying on you." Donny explained blatantly.

" So you're blackmailing me?" I asked nervous that he would tell Leighton.

"No. Not at all. You're simply choosing between the two. I have no influence over which one you pick." and with that Donny left.