CHAPTER 13

Leighton's POV

I opened my eyes slowly, my hangover eating away at my brain. Once I noticed I was not in my room my body jolted upright. I took in my surroundings, looking around at the fresh sheets and barely furnished room I slept in. I concluded that this was Donny's guest room.

I got up cautious of the way my brain banged against my skull. I mad my way over to the door when I spotted a note tapped to it. It was from Brady. I strained my eyes to read it through the fog of last night.

Dear Leigh

sorry I left. I wasn't comfortable sleeping at Donny's. I put you to bed Cuz last night you took a little too much to drink. You was dancing on tables and shit I'm sure Donny will explain.

I mentally reminded myself to thank him for rescuing me from my stupidity. My mind drifted to Donny. I crumpled the paper and sped off in search of his bedroom.

My pace slowed as I seen Kathy come out his room slamming the door behind her. I sneered at her while she stomped away smiling.

I opened Donny's door to see him sitting with his head in his hands in nothing but boxers.

"I said go away Kathy!" he bellowed raising a pillow to throw.

I shrieked, instinctively ducking to avoid the hit.

He stopped himself when he realized it was me.

"Oh, Hey, you're still here." he fumbled over the words.

"What was she doing in here? Why are you naked." I raised my voice jumping to multiple conclusions.

"Well you see I live here so I can sleep like this and she was just talking to me that's all." Donny retaliated defending himself.

"Are u sure?" I asked unable to let go of what I saw.

"L.J would I lie to you?" he asked pleading me to drop it.

I thought back in our relationship. He's never lied. The only times he's ever hurt me was when he was drunk. I thought back to the party. He was drunk last night. Could I really believe his word?

All I could do was nod. I didn't have proof yet so the only thing left to do was trust him. This choice could either make me or brake me. Choosing between the two has never worried me so much.