CHAPTER 14

Donny's POV

There was only one week and a half left until prom. I haven't seen much of that jerk face Brady. Leighton already picked out her dress and a bow tie for me to match it. She was happy and so was I. Everything was going great until I got the text.

Kathy: We need to talk

Me: bout?

I sat on my bed patiently waiting for the response. I flipped through some pages of my playboy magazine until I heard the ping from my phone.

Kathy: I can't say. not by txt

I sighed in exasperation then quickly dialled a number. It picked up on the first ring.

"What do you want Kathy?" I asked getting to the point.

"Umm well you called me..." she remarked.

"Don't be a smartass Katherine. Listen I know we didn't talk about what happened at the party but it meant nothing. Just don't tell-"

"Leighton?" she finished for me. "See that's where we cross paths. If you know what's good for your relationship you'll meet me in the school library now." She threatened.

I was about to respond when I was met with the dial tone. I glanced at my watch. It was only 12:15. I still had 45 minutes of lunch left. As much as I would enjoy spending it in my house, I knew that Kathy was an evil conniving bitch.

I picked up my bag and headed out the door.