CHAPTER 10

Leighton's POV

The party was already off to a good start. I was doing a two step in the middle of the floor with Nick when Brady texted.

"Excuse me." I yelled over the loud music and left the floor to check the message.

Brady: party 2day? I'm omw :)

I smiled at the message. So Brady did take Donny's offer. I liked that they were getting along.

I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist and turned to meet blue eyes.

"Hey babe." Donny slurred.

I could tell he had a couple drinks too many.

"Hey is right. How many drinks did you have?" I asked giving him a stern look.

"I marked them." he said showing me his arm.

Sure enough there were six tally marks on his arm. I continued to look at him with displeasure.

"Oh My God!" He exclaimed. "I had fifty one drinks!?!"

I burst into laughter.

"No stupid you had six. Six is enough. You know what happened last time."

"Fine then let's play truth or dare with those kids." he suggested.

I glanced at the circle and shrugged my shoulders. As we made our way over Brady creeped in to join us.

"Did you miss me?" He whispered over my shoulder.

I jumped a little before giving him a playful shove.

"Don't sneak up on me like that." I said avoiding the question.

"Brady you're the late comer, now you have to go next." Zack interjected before Brady forced me to say I missed him in front of Donny.

"Fine I choose dare." Brady said cooly before leaning back and crossing his arms.

I noticed that he makes this gesture a lot. Physically boxing himself out from the world.

"I dare you to kiss Jessica." someone shouted out.

He turned to look at the shy nerd girl to his left. He scooted over to be closer to her and twirled her pigtail around his index finger. He then used it to gently nudge her head closer to his and kissed her.

The circle immediately "oooohed" when their lips made contact.

It made me sick to my stomach as I watched him smirk at her knowing he was probably her first kiss.

My mind drifted to that day on the couch.

The way he touched me. The way his lips felt against mine. The way he never mentioned it again.

"L.J.?" Donny called snapping me back to reality.

"Huh?" I said still in a daze.

"Truth or Dare." Brady supplied.

"Oh um Dare." I answered bravely.

"See that table over there? I dare you to get on it and dance. Then you're going to kiss the closest girl to you." Brady said a sly smile spreading across his face.

I slowly got up and stepped onto the table. I now had the attention of everyone in the room. Looks never bothered me before but what I was about to do was way out of my comfort zone.

"Don't you dare." Donny yelled out.

It might've been the liquor or just plain courage that made me take a deep breath and begin to move my hips to the music. The people erupted in cheers as I twirled and whipped my hair in time with the beat.

Soon enough Felicity was beside me having fun too.

The crowd began to chant.

"KISS HER! KISS HER!"

My eyes shot over to Donny who had yet another cup in his hand. He doesn't listen to me? Why should I listen to him.

I could feel the drinks surging through my body and the adrenalin rushing through my blood stream. The need to prove Donny can't control me took over.

I grabbed Felicity by her hips and kissed her full on the lips.

As suddenly as it happened it was over. Someone hoisted me off the table carrying me out of the room laughing away from the cheers.