CHAPTER 7

Leighton's POV

I stared at Donny and could feel my face heating up. This was what I wanted right? For him to come back? Or did I want Brady? Was he my new goal?

His bright blue eyes glistened in the hallway lights and people began stopping to watch. The nerves in my body caused my voice to crack when I finally built enough courage to speak.

"Donny... I-I..." I stuttered then trailed off.

He closed the space between us and got down on one knee. He pulled out a small white box that I recognized from Jessica's Jewels. We went there a couple weeks before the argument to look for promise rings. It was then that I realized Prom was on our 2 year anniversary.

"I-is that..."I asked in complete shock.

He nodded and opened the box revealing a beautifully engraved diamond lined ring. The engraving read

Leighton and Donny Forever.

Immediately memories of us flooded my mind as if a dam inside my brain broke. The first time he asked me out. The first time our parents met. Anniversaries. Fights. They were all there patiently waiting for me to set them free again. I hadn't realized how much I tried to forget we had something.

"Just say yes." someone said as I stood taking in the situation.

I blushed and turned back to Donny.

"Yes." I smiled and he gathered me in a hug lifting me off my feet.

He placed the ring on my finger and walked me to class.

"I guess we just had to fall apart to realize how much we needed to fall back together again." Donny said when we got to class.

I was a little wary of that comment. I always believed that if the fight got so bad that we broke up then we weren't meant to be. Your ex is that for a reason right? But I still put on a fake smile and walked into class.