CHAPTER 22

Brady's  POV

As soon as she left I frantically  searched for a way to follow her. My mom used to say that if you love something you set it free and it will return to you but i was sure that only the truth could bring Leigh back to me. I found the  stand that enabled me to travel to the bathroom and used it to limp to the door rather than rip off the tubes delivering my needed fluids.

I would much rather have described this as a great  hospital escape with action fighting and a super human recovery  but in all honesty it was the  result of sleepy nurses and busy  doctors that i was able to make it anywhere moving like an injured turtle. I flung   the door  open and looked back and forth through  the hallway. When I was sure there was  no sign of her or doctors  on this floor I proceeded  to look for her mom.

I was struggling to open a door to the waiting room when I was roughly pushed aside by paramedics and nurses  wheeling  a battered girl. I did a double take as a whiff  of strawberries  and lavendar  invaded my nostrils.

"Leighton" i whispered then mentally scolded myself for subconsciously  uttering her name yet again.  The relief  i felt was quickly  contorted  into disbelief  as i witnessed  the state  she was in.

She was bloody , pricked with glass, had torn clothes and by the looks of it headed for the emergency  operation room i was just in. It was such  a drastic change from when i first saw her that i promised to have Donny's   head for not keeping  her safe and whoever else's that was responsible.

I began to run towards  her but a pain shooting  through my left leg stopped me. I ceased all movement  and allowed the muscle paralyzing pain to pass before i resumed  carefully  chasing after  her.

I felt a soft touch on my arm.

I looked back to find Leighton's mom with tears in her eyes.

I was about to speak when my doctor interrupted me.

"What are you doing here?!" Dr. Bennett  exclaimed.

I didn't  bother to respond.

"Someone escort him back to his room" he said as a nurse helped me back the way I came

"Dont cry Mrs.Jones  she'll  be ok. I know she will." I said trying to reassure myself and her at the same time.

As she walked and i limped, i questioned the nurse name tagged as Hana.

"What happened  to her?" I asked not stopping the tears from coming.

"Car accident" she responded.

"With who?" I asked again fury building with thoughts  of having someone to blame.

Just  then my unconscious foster father  was wheeled  in as well.

Hana pointed in his direction.

"With him."